Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009

seafaringal is on a distinguished road
Hello Everyone

Last April I purchased my first boat on a whim, not realizing that I was entering into a deep love and long relationship with water and wind. It was the beginning of great new adventure. My then Captain and I had dreams of restoring the 25 y/o beauty, Seafarer 26 (McCurdy & Rhodes) and sailing off into the sunset. Well the Captain has sailed off on his own and I, the proud owner of Solistre (a play on words, sun and sea salt), am currently nearing completion of my 101 and 103. In the few short months of ownership, I have learned much and done much. The wood trim was refinished by moi and I have brought her down from Ct. to the Chesapeake Bay were she is currently on the hard, sleeping in the snow till my return.

My goals are to successfully complete 101-105 before March. I am on a work contract in California and my lessons are in the waters by the Channel Islands. I hope to return to Maryland in early March.

I hope to find a liveaboard community somewhere along the western shores of the Chesapeake near the Pasadena-Annapolis area. I'm open to any input on anything from you more seasoned sailors.

Seafaringal
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2009

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like a sound plan.
Other than the fact that the Captain jumped ship, you are well on your way to becoming........ "Hooked". (another bad attempt at a play on words)
Best of luck to you and in all of your adventures.
I am sure others will chime in from your local cruising grounds, there are plenty of them around here, but I am not one of them.
Welcome aboard.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 01-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
Sounds like a sound plan.
Other than the fact that the Captain jumped ship, you are well on your way to becoming........ "Hooked". (another bad attempt at a play on words)
Best of luck to you and in all of your adventures.
I am sure others will chime in from your local cruising grounds, there are plenty of them around here, but I am not one of them.
Welcome aboard.
Thank you sailorjk1.
I am already hooked, going on several day sails over the next few days, buying books, asking questions... I'm a late bloomer but a quick learner.
I'm my own Captain now
Old 01-08-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Welcome to Sailnet. Glad to have you aboard.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 01-08-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 01-08-2009
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Welcome to sailnet. I trust that it will be an informative resource for you. Other than the personal strife involved in the loss of your Port Captain, (all shipping companies have them.) you'll find that you're best Captain of your own vessel. It's much easier to find and train a Mate than it is to take on a Captain. It certainly sounds like you're on the right path to that end.

Look up SailChick in these pages; she's similarly fixated and is currently investigating banging hulls in racing out in the Chicago area. We're all scared of her because she yells a lot.
Old 01-08-2009
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafaringal View Post
Last April I purchased my first boat on a whim, not realizing that I was entering into a deep love and long relationship with water and wind. It was the beginning of great new adventure. My then Captain and I had dreams of restoring the 25 y/o beauty, Seafarer 26 (McCurdy & Rhodes) and sailing off into the sunset. Well the Captain has sailed off on his own and I, the proud owner of Solistre (a play on words, sun and sea salt), am currently nearing completion of my 101 and 103. In the few short months of ownership, I have learned much and done much. The wood trim was refinished by moi and I have brought her down from Ct. to the Chesapeake Bay were she is currently on the hard, sleeping in the snow till my return.

My goals are to successfully complete 101-105 before March. I am on a work contract in California and my lessons are in the waters by the Channel Islands. I hope to return to Maryland in early March.

I hope to find a liveaboard community somewhere along the western shores of the Chesapeake near the Pasadena-Annapolis area. I'm open to any input on anything from you more seasoned sailors.

Seafaringal
Hi Sea,

Welcome to Sailnet! I keep my boat about 10 minutes (by car) from Annapolis on the Magothy River. Just outside of Pasadena in Severna Park.

Magothy Marina

It's a great Marina with good Live-aboard amenities. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. (I don't live aboard there but many do.)

Additionally, I'm a member of a really great and fun club in the area.

Welcome to YCCSC's Web Site

Glad to have you.

All the very best,
Craig

I love
Old 01-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgreenman View Post
Welcome to Sailnet. Glad to have you aboard.
Thanks, great to be finally here.
Old 01-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.

- CD
Thank you kindly. When I get a chance I'll post some piccies.
Old 01-08-2009
Alex, not full of crap

werebeagle will become famous soon enough werebeagle will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the asylum Sea.

Courtney's my Dancing Angel

Where am I, and where's my paddle?
It's not impossible, it just costs more.
Give me ambiguity, or give me something else.