SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

AM I CRAZY? Just Bought Allied Seawind - Help!!

17K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Shillelagh09 
#1 · (Edited)
first Boat = Allied Seawind Ii

#29 ·
Ian,
Glad you are getting some work done on her and welcome to New York. Spring is a nice time of year here.
I will be launching my Tartan 27' this coming weekend but I would love to meet you some time before you head off on your new Allied which I briefly visited.
I hope you had a brilliant time in Chile.

#30 ·
Allied Seawind II

If the boat is basically sound you got an unbeliveable deal, based on the last asking price I saw. In fact, at first I thought it was too low - and probably a scam. You can put 20k into that boat and still be into it for less than asking price for many of these boats. Lucky you. Thanks for the offer to visit but I live about 4,000 miles away. Otherwise I would be right there. Ian, if and when you decide to sell please shoot me an email. I may very well be interested. richardbrunt@uniserve.com

#34 · (Edited)
And did you buy Glenn a scotch?

Not surprised you got a great deal, the seller is one of my best friends. Good guy.

(Suggest you change your email in post #5 above, or expect to create a new email for yourself as the spammers find your current one.)

Regards,
Brad

#37 ·
CalebD helped him with the first part of the trip south. At least I think the picture of CalebD with the Statue Of Liberty in that bachground was on Ian's boat.

I'm wondering how his voyage to Florida is going. (We ought to have a sailnet-loaden GPS trackker on some of these interesting Sailnet poster's boats.)

#38 · (Edited)
Last heard from Ian was around Norfolk, VA.
He went all the way 'outside' SOLO if I understand correctly.
He has updated his 'Crew Wanted' thread here and there and could probably use an extra set of hands for his push south to Miami if you've got the time, inclination and money to get yourself there and back.

#39 ·
SeawindIIinNJ

Saw post about buying Allied Seawind II -presently partner in 76 in NJ -great cruising yacht but in close quarters with current and wind best have a lan to include use of spring lines. Anyway we are putting her up for sale /sail as I have moved on to an Islander36 and partner has need to do other stuff. So contact me if can give any insights. Shillelagh09

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.