Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009
Mark on Camper 58

NICHOLSON58 is on a distinguished road
John,
My cousin is a "gentleman sailor" He and his wife hired a full time skipper and his wife to manage and deliver the boat to places they wanted to be. The owner of the link I listed above was their skipper. Check out the ex-skipper's current new position on the ORION PROJECT at that link and a few of his previous boat positions. Kurt & Vicky had no particular goals regarding routs or circumnavigation but really enjoyed the venue de'jour. "What does Vicky make for dinner"? - RESERVATIONS. I love 'em. Note, click on any of Kurt & Vicky's photos for a link to that destination.

I was just having another look myself and noticed they transitted the Malacca straight. Right about now that would make my skin crawl.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2009
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Nicholson 58,

Welcome to Sailnet. Sounds like a dandy boat project you've got on your hands but I like your style. As a former Michigander (never Michiganian) I've always loved Maize and Blue, they are beautiful colors and the block M is a nice touch.

All the best to you in this great adventure...MGM
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 03-04-2009
Mark on Camper 58

Thanks MikeyMo,
The paint job is a great ice-breaker. My father was a grad but I happened to live immeadiately south and attended OU. (not OSU!!!!!!!!). Weve put two of our daughters through U of M & frankly, I think they owe me the paint job. I've so far received threats of the dreaded circle with a line through it and some creative midnight re-paints.

Mark H.
Old 03-04-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
ya have to be careful. there are a lot of doctoral degreed MSU grads out there working as housepainters
Old 03-04-2009
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Mark,

So you're a Bobcat. I had an intern from OU once upon a time...good guy. My daughter-in-law even spent a couple of semesters there. Then she went to OSU briefly and finished up at Cedar Crest.

You better keep your eyes on those guys from Moo U, they can be a surley lot. I suspect it's an inferiority complex.

You know why MSU went to artificial turf? It was to keep the cheerleaders from grazing at halftime. He-he-he
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 03-05-2009
Mark on Camper 58

MikeyMo,
I livved in Ohio long enough to know that too many of those cheerleaders were corn-fed.

We usually went to the OU football games to watch the 110 Marchin' Men at half-time. (in the days when band was part of the athletic dept with no women) We only stuck around for the 3rd quarter if we needed a laugh.
Old 03-05-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHOLSON58 View Post
John,
My cousin is a "gentleman sailor" He and his wife hired a full time skipper and his wife to manage and deliver the boat to places they wanted to be. The owner of the link I listed above was their skipper. Check out the ex-skipper's current new position on the ORION PROJECT at that link and a few of his previous boat positions. Kurt & Vicky had no particular goals regarding routs or circumnavigation but really enjoyed the venue de'jour. "What does Vicky make for dinner"? - RESERVATIONS. I love 'em. Note, click on any of Kurt & Vicky's photos for a link to that destination.

I was just having another look myself and noticed they transitted the Malacca straight. Right about now that would make my skin crawl.
Ahhhh, I see now. That explains much.

I love having reservations for dinner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT