SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New sailors

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jillf 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,
My husband and I are retiring later next spring and hope to go cruising Fall 2010 when our son leaves for college. We plan to spend the next year and a half outfitting and learning to sail the Cal 2-46 we just purchased in Florida.

We've both been lurking here for quite some time and have found this forum to be so helpful! I figured we better join up since I suspect we'll want to be able to ask questions as we get our "new" old boat ready to cruise.

-Jill

#5 ·
pictures of boat

Hi deniseO30,
I sure wish I had some pics but we weren't really expecting to buy a boat at all. We went to Florida to visit my Mom and neither (previously unamed hubby) Steve nor I thought to bring our camera. The broker does still have the picutres of the boat up on yacht world for now though.

1973 Jensen Marine CAL 2-46 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

#6 ·
Hi Captain,
Right now the boat is in Stuart Florida (and we are back in Ohio :( ). Our boat is going to be hauled on Friday to have the work that came up in the survey completed. Once the work is completed we'll be hiring a Captain to help us sail the boat up to the Chesapeake. We are planning to leave her there for the next year, then move her up to Lake Erie for the spring and summer of '10 and then head out for parts unknown (and warmer weather) in the fall.
-Jill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.