SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from Hong Kong (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/51931-hello-hong-kong.html)

Encre2Chine 02-27-2009 02:27 AM

Hello from Hong Kong

Dear All,

I just received my new Beneteau First 31.7 here in Hong Kong...
Since the 31.7 network of owners in Europe is not very active despite the almost 1400 hulls sold, I registered here and already found many of the answers I was looking for to general questions such as autopilots, gps, etc..(thanks !)

I believe this is the first First 31.7 in Asia, and she sometimes looks like a dinghy in the middle of these superyachts and luxury power-boats around...but she's sweet and fast !

Nice to meet you all.

Eric
(French turning Chinese in my loved Hong Kong :) )

WouldaShoulda 02-27-2009 08:21 AM

If I'm ever in HK I want to see the horseracing!!

Being surrounded by a few dozen Chinese at a Sic Bo table in Atlantic City is one thing, I'd like to hang out with 100k+ of them!!

AE28 02-27-2009 10:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Eric...
Presuming you'll be sailing in Victoria Harbor, you'll be enjoying one of the most beautiful and uniquely identifiable cityscapes in the world!
Welcome!!!
Paul

Encre2Chine 02-27-2009 08:24 PM

Hi Paul,

Yep... and a few miles away are a few hundreds of untouched little islands and rocks, white sand beaches and pink granite cliffs. It sounds like yuo've been through this and...is it a sight of regret I just heard ? :)

As if sailing around Hong Kong was not fascinating enough, it's simply magic to sail through Victoria Harbour and suddenly find yourself heading for shores everything makes you believe you're the first one to see :)

As for Horse Racing...yes, betting on horses is second job here, and it's great fun to go to the track on a Saturday afternoon.

Cheers
Eric

ps: I need a few days to compresse my pictures to an acceptable size, and I'll post a few of my boat, Victoria Harbour and the horse races if you wish :D

Encre2Chine 02-27-2009 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There she is...but 97Kb max doesn't leave much room for nice pics.
I think I'll open a Gallery, when I have enough interesting pictures to share :)
Good day to all.

Encre2Chine 02-27-2009 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok..last of the introduction pictures.
Again, nice to meet you all. See you on the forum :)
Cheers

JohnRPollard 02-27-2009 09:46 PM

Eric,

Very nice!! Beautiful boat, she looks fast too!!:)

Welcome to Sailnet!

Encre2Chine 02-27-2009 09:52 PM

Thanks John :)
I tried to rig her to be as easy as can be for a start...lazy jacks and bag, furled genoa, etc... so not that fast yet, but the time will come :laugher

Redplane 04-18-2009 05:45 AM

Hi Eric, Read your posts in the forum. I'm looking for a used sailboat btw 30 - 34 feet. I know you just bought yourself a new one but any chance you came across any used boats in your search? I'm based in Hong Kong as well.
Many thanks,
Adam

arisatx 04-18-2009 09:12 AM

Welcome Eric and congratulations on your new boat.

So can you tie up at the Jumbo restaurant for dinner?