SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Just joined SailNet (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/52829-just-joined-sailnet.html)

discoverboating 03-26-2009 12:16 PM

Just joined SailNet

Hello everyone. I just joined the SailNet community and look forward to getting to know some of you and learn from you too.

I grew up sailing on occasion. My dad taught me to sail on a Sunfish -- loved that little boat. I'd flip it just for fun on a hot day. Of course it was more fun to get it so tight that the lean would have the water on top of the deck as I sliced through the lake.

Dad also has/had an old Catalina 22. I say "has/had" because it's still in the slip but I don't think it's been out in years. Maybe I should share some of these stories on here?

Oh, one of the things I'm enjoying doing right now is finding fun and cool stuff online and sharing them. All of that fun/cool stuff is being aggregated at friendfeed.com/discoverboating. It's also got links to my twitter, youtube, digg, etc profiles.

Anyway, looking forward to interacting with you.

Rob

bubb2 03-26-2009 12:21 PM

Buy an ad!

mrwuffles 03-26-2009 03:40 PM

+1 you see any other people introducing themselves w/ their company?

CaptainForce 03-26-2009 05:51 PM

Hi Rob, I also used to love standing the little board boats on their edges. Not an effective means for making speed, but much fun. Welcome, Aythya crew

chall03 03-27-2009 12:24 AM

Welcome Rob, we are a cynical lot, so if you are really looking forward to interacting here then please do! When you've done that and we know you a bit and you know us then you can tell us about your commercial ventures.

discoverboating 03-27-2009 08:32 AM

sorry

Forgive me, I'm new on this board and it seems my signature was a little much. I really didn't mean to come off commercial. I am working with DiscoverBoating.com and I wanted to make it clear in my signature. Maybe it was too clear and that was the problem.

Well, I cleaned it up. I hope this better and still has the disclosure for whom I'm with - it's my email address. Bottom line is I really want to join this community. One of the things I think I can offer well are fun and cool links that I find other people create and I share them -- not my content, theirs.

I tried to get some help/clarification from a few through messaging but I have to have 5 posts before I can.

Here's to trying to start off on a better foot!

...and if the signature is still not appropriate, please let me know. I really do want to play nice. :)

discoverboating 03-27-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainForce (Post 467026)
Hi Rob, I also used to love standing the little board boats on their edges. Not an effective means for making speed, but much fun. Welcome, Aythya crew

Yeah, you're right. Although you gotta get up to speed to do it, but getting the deck cutting underwater was more of just a fun challenge -- and to see how close I could come to not tipping over!

Didn't mind a flip, never enjoyed when it turned turtle on me.

denby 03-27-2009 09:32 PM

Welcome aboard Rob,

You'll find a lot of great and helpful people on this site. Your sig line is ok.