Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2009
Candy K. - Mobile, AL, US

OnMoblBay is on a distinguished road
Cool Hello from Mobile Bay, Mobile, AL, USA!

I am a native Mobilian who has spent plenty of time in various types of boats on Mobile Bay! Recently, my 14 y/o son joined a relatively new/"fledgling" group of SeaScouts here in Mobile, Alabama (so I am now a SeaScout MOM/Volunteer). Although I have never owned my own boat, my parents had plenty of differing makes/models while I was growing up so I understand that whole "boat being a money hole" concept -- but maintaining so many boats on a non-existent (non-profit) budget is a challenging endeavor, to say the least.

I am looking for direction; ideas; and general boating/sailing/marine knowledge (and innovation) that I can pass along to our SeaScout kids and other adult leaders. Did I mention I'm one of the more experienced boaters in the group?

So, please bear with me while I explore and learn... Your supportive input will be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2009

belindakfg is on a distinguished road
Hello Mobile and sister city! I'm originally from Pensacola - though now i'm living in Sacramento and learning about boating on rivers - big, fast moving rivers! Was just home a few weeks ago - before the weather turned sweltering - miss the warm, clear water. And the seafood! Sorry that i can't help you with your request - but just wanted to say hi!

B
Old 06-29-2009

saildork is on a distinguished road
Welcome, Candy. You came to the right place. There's a wealth of info here and a very supportive sailing community on this net. As you browse through the various topics and threads here, you will find articles written by some of our members and by other notables in the sailing world. You will also find links galore to sites that will answer questions.

More important than info gathering, you will find a that sailors love to help other sailors and we love telling stories, too.

Sit down and strap in for a great ride...the most fun you'll ever have at < 10mph.
Old 08-04-2009

BrightWolf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BrightWolf
Welcome!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.