Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009

StickFoster is on a distinguished road
T.I.A. (thread initiation anxiety)

Never started a thread before. New to forum world. Have no idea what the difference is between a "Reply to Post" and a "Quick Reply." (Do I have to type faster?) The exponential (sp?) nature of forum theory is mind boggling. Obviously, thread management is crucial. Just what I need at my age....another steep learning curve!

Long story short: (1) sailed a baby catboat from ages 8 to 17, (2) college, (3) marriage, (4) amazing daughter, (5) broke neck: C6/C7, (6) paralyzed from chest down w/no grip, (7) freelanced and wrote 3 mystery novels, (8)divorce, (9) 6 years playing blues harp with various bands in KC and NY, (10) 4 amazing grandchildren...1 more on the way, (11) rediscovered best friend/high school sweetheart/soulmate after 30 yrs., (12) we moved to the FL Keys 5 yrs. ago, (13) got run down in a US1 crosswalk by a recent stroke victim "driving" a white Toyota Corolla....titanium wheelchair saved my life, (14) pelvis permanently shattered in hundreds of places, (15) decided to return to my "other" first love, (16) ordered a Seaward 26RK, (17) crazy old broken man determined to sail it single handed, (18) because of all the accessibility add-ons, the factory crew nicknames it the "Bat Boat," (19) soulmate loves photography, and the idea of exploring the Keys together....IF she can get over the sea-sickness/accident anxiety issues, (20) theorectical delivery date: late August

That's me. Now I have to go study up on Q.F.T. (quantum forum theory)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
WELCOME.

Maybe the boat's name should be TENACITY, or something fitting. You have all my respect, and BEST WISHES........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2009

alwheeler98 is on a distinguished road
Wow!

I hope it's everything you've dreamed of. :-)
Old 07-23-2009

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Welcome aboard and good luck with your new boat.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 07-23-2009

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Welcome to sailnet and hide the checkbook.
Old 07-24-2009

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
For the love of GOD, Don't read the thing in Sailing dogs signature! (just kidding, read it then ask him lots of questions) hahahaha

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
Old 07-28-2009

StickFoster is on a distinguished road
Thanks....

Thanks for the well-wishes! Not sure whether I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I'm reading everything I can find. Jibs are all new for me, and I chose a Genoa, so (as I understand what I've read?) my first 2 or 3 reefs can be with the electric furler. Knew a boom/jib would be easier, but read that first reefs would then need to be on mainsail. Did I get that right?