Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009

Beajae is on a distinguished road
Cool Charter Hopefull

Hi folks,

Have been sailing a Laser for several years and wanted to step up to chartering. Took a sailing charter certification course last summer on Lake Michigan. Now I 'm trying to get out and get some more experience on the water, but not having much luck. I came across this site, and possibly can get some ideas, and connections. I hope to be able to charter a boat in the BVI's this winter.

Happy Sailing!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2009

Crapaud is on a distinguished road
Living in Australia for a few years and it was easy to find a big boat to crew on. I walked into the ocean yacht club and asked around and that day an older gentleman asked me to help him with his boat. He and his wife could handle their boat, but liked to make overnight passages and wanted the extra hand. If you have a local yacht club, some will have Crew Wanted list - if not, ask around the marina someone is always looking for some help from time to time.

My wife and I are going for our 4th trip to the BVI's in Nov. Our first trip, which was our honeymoon, we chartered a boat with a capt & cook (husband & wife). We learned where the good restaurants were, the great snorkel spots that aren't charted and areas you really shouldn't take the boat.

We now bareboat, but we review our journal from our first trip when we are planning. Unfortunately, we have lost track of the boat and couple we sailed with the first time - they were great hosts & guides and would recommend them or some other charter to first time charters.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook