Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthesprings View Post
August 15th is good for me. Ill talk to my wife tonight, but we would be in to sailing to montauk.

Gossamer Wings (Ted) I know you. We live over on Harbor View Lane. My wife and I checked out your boat last year. We were on a dingy snooping around, said hi and you let us on board to look around.
You are cordially invited to a party on our boat, Saturday, August 15th at 6:30 PM at the south end of Lake Montauk. Bring the kids, because I will.

I'll bring the rum and we'll put the Margaritaville channel on the Sirius stereo. Bring your own beer. Bring your own ice.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2009

tweitz is on a distinguished road
Three Mile Harbor

Ahhh. I remember you now. I wish I could join you on the 15th. Rochester is not my idea of how to spend a summer weekend, especially as summer is quickly fading. Shawn, remind me of the name of your boat, so i can watch for you.
Old 08-13-2009

tweitz is on a distinguished road
Shawn -
Just went by your boat in my dinghy. Very nice. You are also right near Allybeth, one of my favorites. I especially like your dodger/bimini canvaswork. Did you have it done? By whom? I am very sorry I can't join the crowd on Saturday night, we have to be upstate at a wedding shower for a niece. Would much rather be in Montauk, but the admiral commands. Hoist one for me.
Old 08-14-2009

inthesprings is on a distinguished road
The Alleybeth is a beautiful boat. Hinkley Bermuda 40 I believe. Not sure of the vintage. Mr. Williams is the owner. He's got quite a few sailing toys there.

We picked up Lil Jaye from Port Jeff. She pretty much came as you see her, including the canvas, but the former owner had that recently done and I dont know by whom. I can ask though if you like. I know he called the guy to do some work on his new boat.

Bene505,

Its on then. The wife is cool with it, so we will see you there. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We have no kids but are certainly kid friendly. We will be bringing a friend of my wifes though. The seal lives on the boat. We will certainly bring beer, ice and some grub. Laura (my wife) puts together a killer appitizer spread and her guacamole is top notch. Weather looks great too.

Oh, give me a call on the cell if you like. 631.786.6672

-Shawn.
Old 08-14-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Shawn (and anyone else in the area),

My wife's away with the youngest kids, so I'll bring something simple like burgers, charcoal (and the grill to put them on). My 12 year old will be there too, I imagine.

Look for us in the very southern end of Lake Montauk. Tan canvas (bimini, dodger and sailcover), red kayak tied onto the stern. We are next to an aqua colored steel boat so it's easy to find us. Does 6:00 PM sound good? I'll be coming off the beach.

We have our mooring-neighbor Dave#2 coming. And I'll invite mooring-neighbor Dave#1 and his lovely wife too. (You can easily see why we started numbering the Daves. We like to keep things pretty simple.)

Regards,
Brad
. .
. .

Last edited by Bene505; 08-14-2009 at 05:39 PM.