Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009

inthesprings is on a distinguished road
Greetings from East Hampton, NY

Hey folks, new member here. Shawn Barron. My wife and I live and sail out of Three Mile Harbor in East Hampton, NY. We had a C&C 24 last summer and got the bug good and bought a nice ODay 31 this spring. We've been sailing quite a bit. Of course now I have a problem and need some advice, so here I am.

The wife and I would love to meet some other sailors in the area, so please say hi if you like.

Shawn Barron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Welcome Shawn.
There are a few fellow 3 Mi. Harbor sailnetters here but they are probably out sailing right now. Ted Weitz has a 30' something Beneteau, is a frequent contributor and might even be in your marina.
I have some property on the other side of the harbor (Springy Banks) and get out there on occasion. What a great place for sailing!

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2009

Hey, nice to meet you Caleb. Man, you couldn't ask for a better place to go sailing! My boat is down the street at my neighbors house where I rent a spot. I'm on the east side of three mile harbor, just north of Harbor Marina behind penny sedge island. Sometimes during the week, it seems like where the only people out in Gardiners.

Well let me know if you or Ted ever want to meet at Coecles Harbor or something for a meet and greet. Maybe cocktails & some grilling even.

See you out there.

-Shawn
Old 08-05-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Shawn,

I'm in for meeting up at Cocles Harbor!

We have our boat in Lake Montauk, not far away from you. I've been looking forward to meeting Ted. And since Caleb seems to lend me a hand whenever I need it, I always seem to owe him a beer or margarita.

Regards,
Brad
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
Old 08-05-2009

Cool! Well lets set a date. We are pretty free weekends and evenings.
Old 08-06-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Gardiners Bay is just about the most beautiful place I have ever sailed. It is practically the ocean as there is only about a 3' tidal range to the ocean tidal range of 2' +.
The water is as salty and clean as you will find anywhere in the LI Sound. The water is teeming with fish at this time of year. You just need to pay for a beach permit to park your car at the beach this year. If you are on your boat you don't need a beach permit.
I'll try to get out east soon but Bene505 is already out in Lake Montauk. You guys should try to organize a summer 2009 SN meet up somewhere out there whether it is Coecles Harbor, 3 Mi. Harbor, or Northwest Creek (Bene505's boat can't go there). Perhaps the marketing campaign should have started a while ago (I hate marketing).
Hope you are all enjoying sailing and summer as I am.
Caleb D

PS; keep an eye out for James Murphy who sold us our Tartan 27'. I believe he has an Irwin 32' now in 3 Mi. Hbr.

Everybody has one:

Old 08-07-2009

Well Id enjoy some kind of meet up, be it Coecles, three mile harbor, lake montauk or even off Gardiners Island. I guess teh proper thing to do would be to start another thread, but any of the saturdays in August will work for us. Actually I think we are going to drop a hook somewhere tonight. Maybe West Neck Harbor or Smith's Cove at Shelter Island, if anyone is around. Should be a nice evening!
Old 08-07-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Why not everyone meet in Montauk harbor on August 15th?

Or I'd be in for Cocles harbor on the 15th. I might even solo the trip, I've been thinking about doing some solo sailing.
. .
. .
Old 08-08-2009

tweitz is on a distinguished road
Shawn, sorry for the delay in introducing myself. We are "Gossamer Wings" a Beneteau 323 we keep at the East Hampton Landings Association marina at the end of the inlet that goes past Sedge island. What is the name of your O'Day? We used to have an O'Day 272LE, great boats. I would be happy to get together. I was out sailing all day Thursday, fishing out of Montauk all day Friday. Unfortunately next weekend we will be at a niece's baby shower upstate -- I hate to miss summer weekends. But happy to have a rendezvous, even if its right outside our door, and happy to meet a neighbor!

Ted Weitz
Gossamer Wings
Old 08-11-2009

August 15th is good for me. Ill talk to my wife tonight, but we would be in to sailing to montauk.

Gossamer Wings (Ted) I know you. We live over on Harbor View Lane. My wife and I checked out your boat last year. We were on a dingy snooping around, said hi and you let us on board to look around.