Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009

Sandflea is on a distinguished road
Howdy All!

Been reading and learning alot here over the past 2 weeks; thanks for being such a great community without charging $19.95 a month to be able to post here...err... I hope I didn't give the Mods a good idea.

Anywho, Glad to be here to learn from you all and maybe in the not too distant future share some knowledge myself. My sailing experience thus far consists of nothing more than watching that Russel Crowe movie several times, knowing what a deep keel is and using google alot. I realize I have alot to learn, execute and master before I attempt to live the dream and circumnavigate this little blue ball.

The Plan is to finish my last 4 years in the Army, attend Blue Water Sailing School (beginner through ASA 107, 108), purchase a sloop (looking at a Pearson 31 or 32 right now), restore her and set sail on my final bucket list box to check. So, alot of time and money, headaches and joy lie ahead and I look forward to sharing the latter with you all.

Take Care.

Ben

Last edited by Sandflea; 08-18-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: mistype, fragmented sentences
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Sandflea - welcome to SN dude! Sounds like you are on the right track. I didn't know squat when I signed up a little over a year ago...and now I'm proud to say...I know squat.

It's a fun place - and a great place to learn.

And don't worry about fragmented sentences. We're sailors - not school teachers. Sentences deserved to be fragged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-22-2009

Sandflea is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the warm reception. I have developed the habit of reading the vast array of info everyone here has shared, before I know it 3 hours has past and I end up with twice as many questions, all of which have been answered here umpteen times in the past.

Every time I google, ask Jeeves, twitter, cough and sneeze I am always led back to this forum for the answer to my questions. Good Stuff SN, glad to be here.

BTW Smackdaddy, mom was an English teacher, I was grammered to death growing up :/