SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Time to get excited

840 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TADRON 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello to you all.

My wife and I have been enjoying Sailnet for a while now, and thank everyone for their contributions to an informative and entertaining site.:)
As the title suggests we are starting to get excited as our efforts of the last few months come to fruition and we will soon become the proud new owners of "TRANSIT" a 40 foot steel Atkinson (Aust) design cutter.

"Transit" has been in the family, owned by my dad and s/mum, for about 10 years, and we keenly looking forward to getting to know her and making our home town of Gladstone in Central Queensland, her home port.

I will be flying south next week to crew/sail her north the 320 nautical miles up the Australian-Queensland coast.

We will be sure to share our stories/delights/fears/experiences/better pics, as they happen.

Cheers TADRON

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome Cruisingdad,
Boating has been in my life for a number of years, and now it is time to re-vist the pleasure of doing it a bit slower and a lot quieter.
I've seen the light and look forward to sharing it with my wife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.