SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello from Charlotte, NC!

996 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SecondWindNC 
#1 ·
I'm Randy and I found this site while doing some initial research on sailing...my wife and I are planning on taking sailing lessons in the spring and then starting our search for a coastal cruising class boat. We are hoping to find a quality used boat approx 30-35'. While the thought of owning a boat is incredibly exciting....we plan to take our time and do it right the first time...Til then I am looking for books/info to help me with the fundamentals... Please offer any advice that will help this newbie! Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Welcome aboard ...

Randy, this is an exciting time. As you do your research and identify that "perfect boat", take an honest look at the real cost of owning that boat in your area.

A boat is like adopting a teenager and not being getting a tax deduction to go with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.