SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

jenkins

864 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ryanjenkins 
#1 ·
howdy.
ryan jenkins, 24, Troy NY

i am a political activist and community organizer who is interested in moving out to ocean liveaboard sailing and traveling the coasts nomadically with my dog and good friends as self sustainable as possible. Ideally from maine to florida, to the bahamas and haiti.

my sailing experience is extremely limited, and am in the market for my first boat as we speak. Me and a group of people want to find an older fiberglass boat and restore it as best we can and make it sea worthy.

anyone who can help/provide information for my goals would be touted as a godsend.

#3 ·
will check it out, i would also suggest this anarchist/activist sailor documentary to anybody into sailing as a life experience (i guess most of you are ).

The Anarchist Yacht Clubb: Hold Fast

It is a movie about 4 nomadic anarchists making their way to florida, buying a boat for 800 dollars, and then fixing it up and sailing all winter around florida, bahamas, and haiti for basically nothing.

#5 ·
sustainable sailing

hello ryanjenkins

There quite a lot to consider when upgrading and maintaining a boat in consideration of the environment. I own the site GoGreenSailor.com and would be happy to answer any questions you may have!
I think living and traveling by sailboat is a great way to live sustainably.
Yona

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.