Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010

rickyj56 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Stolen Wharram Tangaroa

Hello again ,

I am very grateful for the tremendous response I have gotten from all of you. I have taken your advise, listed in all the forums I could find, sent fotos to seatow, sent fotos and info to all the marinas in frorida, but I´m sad to say, I have still not found the boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010

Stolen Wharram Tangaroa

Welll I have finaly been able to post some pictures.
Maybe someone will spot my boat, It was last seen Dec 16th near Key Largo

1000usd reward for info leading to her recovery.
Attached Thumbnails
Stolen Wharram Tangaroa 35ft-3026_1.jpg   Stolen Wharram Tangaroa 35ft-f262_1.jpg   Stolen Wharram Tangaroa 35ft-p5220715.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Rickyj,

Some additional details might be helpful in the search.

You mentioned that the boat was stolen by the "delivery skipper".

Where did the delivery originate, and where was the intended destination?

Did the boat go missing during the delivery? Or was the boat stolen by the delivery skipper after the delivery had been completed?

When and where did you last see the boat?

Have you contacted the Coast Guard and police? Have they contacted family of the delivery skipper?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyj56 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow member of this forum, My name is Richard Jeschek,I wish you all a merry festive season.

I own a 36ft Tangaroa which has been stolen in Miami by a delivery captain whose name is Robert Edinger, last comunication sept 9 2009,supposedley from Exuma in the Bahamas,but boat could be anywhere on east coast or Caribean.As a matter of fact I have recieved news it was seen Dec16 at anchor near Gilberts Marina south of Key Largo. I am offering a 1000usd reward for information leading to the recovery of the boat

Picasa Web Albums - richardlisab - catamaran
The boat was to be delivered to Luperon In the Dominican Republic, as seen in quote, last comunication Dec 16th 2009, and the boat was last seen by a gent who comunicated to me through one of the forums,at or just south of Gilberts Marina in Key Largo. Needless to say my wait in Luperon was a waist of time.
Old 01-12-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The boat was to be delivered to Luperon In the Dominican Republic, as seen in quote, last comunication Dec 16th 2009, and the boat was last seen by a gent who comunicated to me through one of the forums,at or just south of Gilberts Marina in Key Largo. Needless to say my wait in Luperon was a waist of time.

Have you absolutely ruled out the possibility that the boat was not lost at sea enroute? It is definitely a fairly unique boat, so a mistaken sighting is unlikely, but still possible. I am assuming you have some other reason to believe the boat was stolen, and not lost at sea?

Have you contacted the U.S. Coast Guard or Florida marine police? If you have not already done so, the U.S. Coast Guard at a minimum should be notified.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-12-2010

Stolen Wharram Tangaroa

I have reported the Boat missing and stolen to the USCG,the FWC the sherrifs dept, sent pictures and iformation to all the marinas in Florida and sent the same info to Sea Tow. I have the boat info on all the forums I could think of and the thief, Robert T Edinger called one of the forum administrators who had him on the mailing list and told him I knew where the boat is. He said something about homeland security having the boat. The same administrator was also the person who saw the boat by Key Largo dec 16 2009. I have spoken with the coast guard, one of the homeland security branches and they know nothing about my boat, and they have all the info and pictures as well.
Old 01-12-2010

Quote:
I have reported the Boat missing and stolen to the USCG,the FWC the sherrifs dept, sent pictures and iformation to all the marinas in Florida and sent the same info to Sea Tow. I have the boat info on all the forums I could think of and the thief, Robert T Edinger called one of the forum administrators who had him on the mailing list and told him I knew where the boat is. He said something about homeland security having the boat. The same administrator was also the person who saw the boat by Key Largo dec 16 2009. I have spoken with the coast guard, one of the homeland security branches and they know nothing about my boat, and they have all the info and pictures as well.
That's all good. Sounds like you've taken all available steps with the proper authorities.

This "delivery skipper" is quite an operator. You wouldn't happen to have any photos of him, would you? Folks might not see the boat, but they might see him somewhere.

Old 01-12-2010

Stolen Wharram Tangaroa

The gent who spoke with him knows him, told me he live at or by Miami Marine Stadium. The gentleman got help from him on a problem he had with his boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Stolen Wharram Tangaroa 35ft-robert-thief.jpg   Stolen Wharram Tangaroa 35ft-screenshot002.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010

kredit is on a distinguished road
damn that dude looks quite the honest chap...here,take my boat!!
Old 01-12-2010

wellˇˇˇˇˇ