SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hola from Texas (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/61529-hola-texas.html)

jwreck 01-24-2010 07:46 PM

Hola from Texas

I'm a brand new sailor who has often had aspirations of sailing the seven seas and with a mourning senorita in every port. I finally took the first step this weekend and took my basic keelboat class. Grew up fishing and powerboating in Galveston bay, but had never been on a sailboat until yesterday. Now that the addiction is confirmed I will be picking ya'lls brains constantly. :)

I'm in the Clear Lake, TX area still btw. So...Howdy.

RTB 01-24-2010 08:03 PM

Welcome jwreck. There are a few of us Texans here. Have fun, and ask away!

jwreck 01-24-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTB (Post 563294)
Welcome jwreck. There are a few of us Texans here. Have fun, and ask away!

Cool! I'm so used to being one of few if not the only Texan on a board I suspect the internet world thinks Texans must be computer illiterate!! lol

I'm really surprised to see Kemah listed. I'm in Friendswood. I took my basic keelboat at South Coast Sailing. :)

RTB 01-24-2010 08:20 PM

There is one crazy Texan here you gotta watch out for....maybe he'll say hi. :D

We went out last weekend and had the place to ourself. But once it warms up, it gets pretty crowded out there.

Grab a boat and have some fun!

jwreck 01-24-2010 08:23 PM

A crazy Texan?? Naww, no such thing. Just plain ole Texans that everyone else thinks are crazy! ;)

wind_magic 01-24-2010 09:24 PM

Welcome jwreck, make yourself at home. :) I mean, unless you're going to take all the other Texans and succeed, please don't do that! :D

smackdaddy 01-24-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwreck (Post 563295)
Cool! I'm so used to being one of few if not the only Texan on a board I suspect the internet world thinks Texans must be computer illiterate!! lol

I'm really surprised to see Kemah listed. I'm in Friendswood. I took my basic keelboat at South Coast Sailing. :)

We are computer illiterate! But we're also funner-n-hell. Welcome dude.

smackdaddy 01-24-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wind_magic (Post 563318)
Welcome jwreck, make yourself at home. :) I mean, unless you're going to take all the other Texans and succeed, please don't do that! :D

We've already succeeded, wind. Do you mean secede by chance? We still might.

jwreck 01-24-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wind_magic (Post 563318)

Thanks! **kicks feet up on coffee table** So where's the rum??

jwreck 01-24-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 563323)
We are computer illiterate! But we're also funner-n-hell. Welcome dude.

I agree! Love the av btw.