Join Date: Jan 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
My Cal 21 is Missing Pieces!
New to sailing, we just picked up an old (1974??) Cal 21. In all I've read so far, it sounds like it's a fairly decent boat, especially for beginners. We're psyched to get this boat in the water for summer.
I'm looking for
1) a complete owner's manual
2) a replacement detachable rudder and tiller
3) advice on how to repair/replace the gearing mechanism for the retractable iron keel. our model is housed inside a 'glassed-in box with the crank on the outside. most other models i've seen have some sort or rudimentary board that lays over the seating area in the cockpit.
4) what options were available for this craft
5) where to buy parts for the cal 21
6) what's the best product for cleaning the fiberglass outside