SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Long-Time Sailor, First-Time Pearson Owner

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NarwhalChaser 
#1 ·
I'm Ed Criscuolo, and Joan is my lovely wife and first mate. I'm a Software Engineer and Joan is a Montessori teacher.

From 1981 to 2009, we docked our San Juan 21 "Aeolus" at Mayo, MD on Cadle Creek off of the Rhode River. We day-sailed and weekended her on the middle Chesapeake Bay, as far north as Baltimore and as far south as Solomons. Many times during those years, we longed for a bigger boat. But with two growing children, and two careers, time and money were limited, and something else was always a higher priority.

By the spring of 2009, our children were grown and long through college, and retirement was only a medium handful of years away. We had managed to accumulate some cash in the "boat fund", and the itch to upgrade returned with a vengence that would not be denied. With the economy at such a low point, and cash in hand, it seemed hard to imagine a better time to buy.

So, in the fall of 2009, after a summer of searching, we finally found and purchased a 1977 Pearson 323 and christened her "Dolce Vita". We plan to have many fine trips on her in the coming years!

#3 ·
pearson 323

welcome ed

well i believe you and your wife are really going to enjoy your pearson .

i have been sailing lake ontario for six years with my pearson323 and find it a very capable and safe cruiser .
mine is also a 1977 hull number 14 all the original interior including hardware.

good luck with yours,
greg
BonnElaine
lake ontario

#4 ·
welcome ed

well i believe you and your wife are really going to enjoy your pearson .

i have been sailing lake ontario for six years with my pearson323 and find it a very capable and safe cruiser .
mine is also a 1977 hull number 14 all the original interior including hardware.

good luck with yours,
greg
BonnElaine
lake ontario
Thanks Greg. Ours is hull #42. (It's THE ANSWER!)
I've been busily documenting all the hardware and systems aboard, and collecting the info in a website for easy reference:
S/V Dolce Vita

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.