SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hi from a new member

728 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  smackdaddy 
#1 ·
Hello Sailnet-ers.

Though a small lake sailor (Lasers, Ensons, etc.) since a teen, I finally got serious a couple years back and stepped up to some bigger water. I've got all the ASA courses up to and including Bareboat chartering under my belt, and pretty much have my wife convinced of buying our first boat.

I'm looking into something in the 35' range, to be sailed on the Great Lakes (mostly Superior), that is comfortable for weekends or extended stays, easily short-handed, and that behaves well in weather.

Been looking at boats in the 1985 to 1995 age group, and have recently come across a Beneteau 35s5 that is intriguing, in good shape, and appears to be a lot of boat for the money.

Input from those with knowledge of this boat, and recommendations concerning what to pay close attention to, is much appreciate.

Also, recommendation of other boats that would be considered equal or better in terms of accommodations and sailability would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey AB - welcome to SN dude.

There's tons of info on here - as well as many, many salts that will talk you through just about anything.

While you're waiting for some responses you can start poking around in this thread: The Salt's Corner Table

It's a thread with some of the best info to some of the most asked questions around here - including yours. And you can see who some of the go-to guys are.

Enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.