SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Member - Hardin 45 ( 44 voyager bounty ) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/64000-new-member-hardin-45-44-voyager-bounty.html)

Bianchi 04-19-2010 05:56 PM

New Member - Hardin 45 ( 44 voyager bounty )

Hello All,

I own a Hardin 45 S/V Shawnee. Look forward to meeting some of you out on travels.

Also for other Hardin owners, I've compiled a list of known Hardin 45's by hull, name, status and owner. If anyone has information or updates for this list please email me.

theshawnee . com/ Registry

Cheers
Austen
S/V Shawnee

smackdaddy 04-19-2010 06:36 PM

Hey bianchi - welcome to SN dude. Nice boat BTW.

Bianchi 04-20-2010 01:20 PM

Thank you

jdonahoe 05-03-2010 07:43 PM

I own a Hardin 45 CC with the four staterooms. Her name is Shillelagh and she is a 1983 Hull #124

hardin45lover 05-05-2010 11:52 PM

Hardin 45 Ye Haw

JUST GOT BACK FROM ST THOMAS TO MID FLORIDA IN 10 DAYS 4 OF THEM WERE 9 PLUS KNOT DAYS IN 35 KNT WINDS AND 12 FT SEAS ALMOST HAD A 7 DEG HEEL ...WHO SAYS THESE ARE SLOW BOATS ...SOLONG HUNTERS AND CATALINAS (HAD THEM ALL) I ALSO HAVE A 4 STATE ROOM AND WANT ALL THE INFO I CAN GET SOON I HAVE ONE OF THE MARINE TRADING MODELS PLEASE TELL ME MORE...THANKS Capt Joseph Harper 813-260-0559

Winn 05-07-2010 11:14 PM

Hello Hardin Lovers! I own 1978 Hardin 44 - Hull #31. Her name is Symphonie V. We are on Kent Island in the Chesapeake Bay. No, these are not slow boats and are very tough. I love everything about her. I can't wait to take her to Key West. I feel very fortunate to have been a part of the Hardin experience. Everyone at the marina loves this boat. Sorry, not for sale!

zendog 06-28-2010 01:17 AM

Hi My Hardin 44 Kuan Yin is mid Atlantic on her way to UK... Hull #80 Her name is Kuan Yin, Anyone know of any Hardins in Europe? I have had 9kts with winds of 25, not bad for a 20 tonne teak house. Also not for sale!

alkites 07-02-2010 10:03 PM

Greetings....

I am refitting (rebuilding) my beloved hardin.. looking for a few answers. Anyone know about how the embedded chainplates are secured to the hull? Are the main shroud uppers (chainplates) somehow attached laterally above the opening port? I have never dealt with embedded chainplates before. Can anyone make me rest easy???? Mahalo...... Al.

zendog 07-03-2010 04:24 AM

Hi Al,
There was a guy in Galveston who did a complete restoration of his Hardin and showed pictures of all works, unfortunatly I have lost the website, you maybe able to google it. I beleive the chainplates were a pig of a job as he had to dig them out. Another option would be to have new ones fabricated to suit, surface mount them close to the old ones in stainless steel on the outside of the hull making a nice feature. leave the old ones in situ

capnorv 01-29-2011 09:33 PM

Chainplates...ouch, that wasn't the Hardin 45's best engineering. I own Alice B., hull#99, also not for sale/or charter. From what I've read, if the chainplates are showing wear/fatigue, the best option is to put new ones on the outside of the hull, lop and fill the old ones. If you're lucky, you can use the old ones as part of your backing plates by through drilling, or not. The way I understand it removal and direct replacement would be a formidable undertaking because they are T shaped. Anyway, external chainplates would enhance the classic style in my opinion. Good Luck