Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010

Sch0lls84 is on a distinguished road
Just joined the forums!

Hi everyone, the names Eric. The other day, I was just sitting there wondering how amazing it would be to take up sailing. I've been going through a lot of changes in my life, the addition of a dog, learning the piano.. I remember I used to fool around on a sunfish back in boy scouts and all I have are great memories, which is what got me into thinking about sail boats.

Now let me say, I'm not rich, I don't want to own a yacht or anything, but I don't want to be confined to say lakes and such in the area. Sure, they are bodies of water that I could learn how to sail safely on, but I have dreams of traversing the open the sea at some point in my life.

I've been reading non stop about boats, looking at prices and such, and it seems to me that it's something I could afford in a year or two. I'd like to spend that time learning though so when the time comes, I'm not freaking out because I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm going to head to the other forums and post some questions I have so be sure to look out for those posts!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-06-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Hey scholl - welcome to SN dude. There are great guys that will answer just about any question you can dream up. It's a great place.

There's tons of info on here - as well as many, many salts that will talk you through just about anything.

While you're waiting for some responses you can start poking around in this thread: The Salt's Corner Table

It's a thread with some of the best info to some of the most asked questions around here - including yours. And you can see who some of the go-to guys are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 05-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook