Hello from St Pete - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-02-2010 Thread Starter

Hello from St Pete

My family and I recently joined SailTime Tampa Bay and currently sail a Hunter 49, we previously owned a Mirage 5.5 before children. We now have three little ones.

In addition to sailing I also fish on a 20 ft Rabco center console as well as our 18 ft custom MadRiver kevlar canoe. I'm also a kite boarder of 10 years and once crossed from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini by kite.

The family has a bit less boating experience so we are all getting acquainted with family style sailing and will be working our way up to bigger and bigger trips and charters. Hopefully if business permits and the family likes it enough we'll buy our own blue water boat and circumnavigate down the road.

Regards,

KiteRider
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-06-2010
Last Man Standing

Hey kite - welcome to SN dude. Are you liking Sailtime thus far? Is it worth the money?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
post #3 of 4 Old 09-15-2010 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hey kite - welcome to SN dude. Are you liking Sailtime thus far? Is it worth the money?
Sorry for the late reply, just got back from a holiday in Europe. We are enjoying Sailtime so far. It enabled us to get use of a boat we couldn't afford to buy and relieves us of many of the responsibilities of ownership which would be difficult simply because my job requires me to travel quite often and we're raising three small children. I think a lot depends on ones situation, but for us it works out quite nicely. A great benefit is their 24 hour rule which allows you to just take the boat out if it's not already reserved and it doesn't count against your alloted time slots.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-15-2010
Last Man Standing

Cool. Thanks Kite. I'm toying with the Sailtime idea, and weighing it against trying to find a private partnership for a boat in Florida. It's good to get some feedback.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.