Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010

larrydallas is on a distinguished road
New Guy.

this is my first post, I think, so what's up everybody.

I have little sailing experience except for when I was young. Been wanting to get a boat for a while now. A friend of a friend has a boat he's willing to basically give away so I just wanted to get some opinions on it. It is a Grampain 22'. The owner does not know the year but says the hull number is 35 or 73 but definitely under 100. I have not seen it yet, but he says in needs some work although not much. It come with most of the gear, like sails, 15hp outboard, trailer etc. I've tried to look up info on these boats but they have a weird history and its confusing. ANy info into what I might be getting myself into would be amazing.

cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
hey bud welcome to sailnet. ive got a G30. check out the grampianowners.com site, and be advised if you need parts holland marine out of Canada still stocks Grampian parts...
hollandmarine.com

hope this is a bit of a start for ya, ive got hull number 75.
Grampian Classic 22 Owner
there is the 22 inventory, there will probably not be an HIN persay, but you will probably find a plate under the companionway with two numbers, ie mine is 30 75, meaning 30' LOA hull #=75.
you will hear conflicting stories on these boats... ranging from 'piggish in light winds' (too true for mine... ) to 'they were some of the first fiberglass boats hence they were 'overbuilt' as they didnt know how much glass to lay, so they are tanks and will float forever.' I would def. check it out before i committed. ive got a line on sig. newer cat 22's but, you would probably be spending more money.
oh, the bio on Jim Bisiker and Alex Mcgruer and the history of G marine (and their connection to the O'Day) line is pretty cool and can be found on the Gowners site. Linky here:
HISTORY OF GRAMPIAN MARINE
good luck, if i can help at all let me know.

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture

Last edited by QuickMick; 09-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2010

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
oh, and heck, if the trailer is in decent shape it might alone be worth the price of 'all most give it to me,'--im not sure what that means $ wise--and you could always part out the boat and pay the nominal disposal fee... though your buddy might not appreciate that. im an hour north of the metroplex, so dont hesitate to PM me if i can help

regards,

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.