Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010
Monty 17

rigbee is on a distinguished road
Finally! New Boat.

Well patience has finally paid off and I'd like to share a pic of my new boat. I have always been interested in getting a Montgomery 17 but they always seemed to come up for sale on the east coast.A couple of weeks ago a Monty came on the market in Anacortes and I jumped at the chance,how could I resist?

I'd like to give the guy's at Marine Servicenter in Anacortes a big thumbs up.They helped make the whole transaction go very smoothly and were exceptionally easy going.

As for the boat, she is a 2010,with all the bell's and whistles(even the custom trailer).We figure we will name her "Rigster" after a welsh corgi I had.We will be sailing her out of Vancouver and look forward to getting in on some of the fun all you people have(which I was always envious of).

Looking forward to reading what you think.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally! New Boat.-monty-17.jpg   Finally! New Boat.-monty-17-trailer.jpg  
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Very cool boat!

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 10-14-2010

kjsailingSpring is on a distinguished road
What a cool boat! Congratulations...it looks fantastic!
Old 10-26-2010
Monty 15

svTrekka is on a distinguished road
RigBee,
Congratulation on the new sailboat. She's a good looker.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with a Montgomery. I recently went from a Baba35 to a Montgomery 15 and have never looked back. For me having a quality pocket cruiser that can be easily trailed behind my truck opens up a whole new world of sailing locations that I couldn't reach with my Baba35.

Also the economics of the entire sailboat ownership thing will just drive you to drink if you start looking at dollars per sail in a larger boat. B.T.W. don't do this; it'll just make you want to take up Canasta.

I plan to use the money I save on slip fees (my Monty lives in my backyard) and spend it on gas to trailer the boat to distant sailing locations. One of which will be the Puget Sound this coming summer.

Once again, I'm glad you waited for that right sailboat. Hmmm, might want to consider naming her: Patience

Here's a photo of my Trekka.
-Dave-

Old 10-26-2010
Monty 17

rigbee is on a distinguished road
Hi and thanks Dave,

You have a sharp looking boat there as well, the gel coat is almost blinding.

I'm with you on the whole economics thing.I wanted a boat that I could own instead of it owning me! I did surprise myself with how long I held out. It was becoming a sickness for me.Every evening I'd get home from work it was on the yachingworld site and looking for boat's. I'm just glad it's over!

I'm not sure if anyone else went through this but I seemed to develop a talent for seeing a good boat then immediately getting into a mental argument with myself and talking myself out of it. I can only imagine how bad this would be if I went for my dream boat,a BCC. I'm pretty sure it would go something like this....

The crowd starts to build around the dock and the seller turns to them and says...." He just made an offer on the boat. and then started punching himself in the face! he rolled off the dock there and you can hear him swearing underneath the cat over there.......no,no....there is only one person." something like that...till the police arrive anyway!.

Good suggestion on the name "Patience". It never even occurred to me. The whole boat naming thing seems to be an art form. I always planned on naming the boat after my departed Welsh Corgi, I am willing to bet that this boat will be less trouble and just as much fun as he was( any corgi owners will verify this I'm sure).

Dave, you will have to keep me updated on your planned Puget Sound trip.I would be interested in meeting like minded people. I always envied those smaller boat get-together's, you folks seem to have such a great time.