Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011

KnottyGurl is on a distinguished road
Hello from Lake Ontario

Well a hello to all, I am new to the forum, well any for that matter. I have been boating for years, started with lasers at age 12 raced and raced some more, crewed with mt father for a few years and then got asked to crew on another boat and the boat sampling began. started with a J24 for a few years then went to a viking 28 as crew, bought my own hollan 7.6 and faired well but crusing was lacking here, upgraded to a northern 29 got divorced and away went the boat. fast forward 12 years later and last sumer I got a powerboat in a deal for some work as payment, a jetski followed shortly there after, well this year sailing has opened the door and basically kicked the power boat idea out and the calm thrashing of a bow through the water is whay I am once again seeking.
I will be trying to bring the family onboard, they have never been sailing but really enjoyed the water and the power boat.
I am looking at a few boats, a huges 25, grampian 26 and a huges 30. I am prepared to accept the fact I may be single handed for the most part so refitting as such will be my first prioriaty, then adding the comforts for some long great lakes runs. I hail from Prince Edward county and have some great water to play in, the bay of quinte, 1000 islands, trent severn, rideau canal and western ontario where the openness of the lake can consume your ideas of being big and tough.
I have an idea of sailing to the bahamas one day up the st lawrence and down the east coast for the great adventure of a lifetime, hopefully the family will be inclined to join me for a good portion of the trek.
Back to reality and lets see if we can do a few weeks on the great lakes and build in some crew time and alot of backyard memories.
thanks for the space, looking forward to meeting joining and crusing with like minded people, till the softer water returns

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2011

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Welcome aboard. It's good to see another Great Lakes sailor here.
Old 02-13-2011

KnottyGurl is on a distinguished road
Thanks, and hope to meet up with others in the area for some crusing and iced tea, I am from picton so will be mid way for crusing either to Toronto, niagria, and maybe the 1000 islands. were working on a few plans now and working out places and the timeline.
anyone interested in allowing us to join up or meet up would be great.
Bill

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.