Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011
Jubilee

DeepSeaSailor is on a distinguished road
Just moved to Panama City, FL

My wife and I just moved to the Panama City area from Yorktown VA. I'm sailing a well maintained 1985 Catalina 27 Tall rig, which has served me well all over the Chesapeake Bay. I have been sailing her for two years this June and have well over 1,000 NM put under her keel. Last summer alone I completed the Delmarva circle covering 518 NM.
We are looking forward to exploring the gulf during the 2011 sailing season here in PC.
If anyone is local to the area and has any advise for sailing the Bay or Gulf I always appreciate good info.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2011

aquaman9 is on a distinguished road
Trying to get there. My wife and I are just learning to sail and live in VA. We are looking at property in Punta Gorda area at this time although we have family farther up the river at North Port. We are now trying to make a choice of buying a small house and renting a slip or buying a house with our own slip. If we buy the house with a slip than I have less to spend on a boat. I want to spend long amounts of time on the water but the wife has not spent more than a few nights out at a time. We are now looking at a 30ft tall rig. Hope you the best and hope to see you on the water. Sorry about no info on the gulf, maybe you can teach us when we get there.
Old 02-15-2011
Jubilee

DeepSeaSailor is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you have some decisions to make. The season is just starting, I'm planning a cruise to Key West this summer, and making a few stops down the coast along the way. I hear there are some interesting Islands off the west coast of Florida.