I used to post as eryka ... - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-16-2011 Thread Starter
formerly posting as eryka

I used to post as eryka ...

But my information may have been compromised - spent 3 days closing accounts and changing ids, etc. If you get an email from "me" in my former incarnation, asking you to wire money to bail me out of jail in Nigeria, or let me wire a million dollars into your account if you email me the account number, or any of a ridiculous number of other scams, uh, don't bite, okay?

Meanwhile, we're happily into our 9th year as fulltime liveaboards; spending this spring/summer in the Chesapeake and planning to be headed down the ICW to Florida for the winter.

-- Jaye Eryka (and Dan)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Oday30!

Oh my.. I understand the agony of changing things over. Welcome back!

Denise, Bristol PA, Oday 30. On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.

My last project!

My boat is sold!
post #3 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Last Man Standing

Hey wingN re-welcome to SN dude (heh-heh). I'm just impressed that you busted in Nigeria. Must have been a hell of a night.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
post #4 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Large Member

Hmm, how do we know thats the "real" Eryka? This could be a scam.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Lake Sailor

Welcome back! Hopefully no ramifications of the change.

Umquam Porro

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

post #6 of 13 Old 03-16-2011 Thread Starter
formerly posting as eryka

@Denise and cb32863 - Thanx! So far at least, looks like I got everything changed/cancelled before they had a chance to act on the info.

@mdbee - Well, if you get wise advice and sage sailing suggestions from someone who *obviously* is awesome, its me. If the suggestions are stupid ... hmmm, must be the scammer.

@Smack - Well, the evening started innocently enough, but then went downhill. Surely, my friend, you could help bail me out? If not the whole $10,000, maybe a contribution? I only need ten people who believe in me, with $1000 apiece, to get me out of here...

<*grins*> to everyone; its nice to be back. And nice to see sailing season is just around the corner!

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
post #7 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Last Man Standing

When I first saw the title, I was concerned it was going the Chastity Bono direction:

"I used to post as Eryka. Now I post as Eric."

Whew.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
post #8 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

How do you think you got compromised? Anything that may help someone else?

1971 23' Oday Pop Top
S/V Frida

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
post #9 of 13 Old 03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLocked66c View Post
How do you think you got compromised?
Probably a bottle of tequila and a video camera. At least, that's how it always happens to me.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere:

post #10 of 13 Old 03-16-2011
Somewhat Senior Member

To the sailor formerly known as Eryka...thank goodness you chose a pronounceable name and not some freakin' symbol. WingNWing is a good name and I'll always think Eryka whenever I see it. I too sail the Chesapeake and hope someday to meet you.

Sorry for your internet troubles...MGM

s/v Rhythm
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.