Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011
dadio917

dadio917 is on a distinguished road
Greetings From Lake Tahoe

Hello!
It seems I have convinced my wife to go cruising! So we're now trying to figure out what to put between our bums and the water thus am hoping to mine this site for boat purchase ideas. We're thinking first jaunt will be from west coast US to NZ. I did a bit of this water on a buddy's Cascade 36 and it kind of sticks in your mind.

Was originally thinking $150k but keep looking at Valiant 42 (expensive) so wondering about that. Can afford more but not sure want to. Am gravitating to Perry designs as they look to be well thought out for getting from point A to Point B. Passport 40 looks interesting but wonder about the engine in the salon. Am curious of the plusses/minues between Valints and Passports. Have been told to look at Crealock designs as well.

Another topic that Iím interested in is some idea of what 37-42 ft. boats are selling for versus asking price and notions of depreciation of various manufacturers. Yes, thinking about the other end of cruising.

Currently have an Oíday 25 that lives on Lake Tahoe during the summer. In another month of snow melt Iíll be able to get her out of the side yard. Had her in South Puget Sound for a Couple years, Columbia River after that, SF bay for a season, and Tahoe for 5 seasons. Tahoe is a great place to sail!

Cheers - Dadio
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook