Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011

ByAirAndBySea is on a distinguished road
Tampa Bay Area?

My name is Jeremy. I am 34 and have a had a thing for the ocean since childhood. I have been a certified scuba diver for 16 years (cerified in the medditerranean, with 600+ diives all over the world, most of them in and around Guam), have held a pilots license for the last 10, and got a powerboat capt cert from the Navy (small boats of course).

For a while now I have read everything I could get my hands on about sailing. I love the idea and the adventure and freedom of non-petro based, wind powered sailing! My only problem is.....everything I have done was on a shoestring budget and usually involved a lot of trading time. Time rich cash poor that's me. At least until college is done (which I am finally getting back to).

My question is...is there anyone in the Tampa bay area..or even the east coast I guess (I live in the central florida, Lakeland/ winter haven/ lake wales area) with a sail boat that wouldn't mind a tag along that has a lot of book knowledge on sailing, practical knowledge on boating and navigation, but no practical hands-on knowledge of sailing? I can help with whatever u need help with...cleaning etc..I just want to learn sailing. Even if u are needing a hand for a couple days at a time I can arrange that (usually).

I have many skills, outstanding learning abilities and common sense. Any age, sex, color, creed, doesn't matter to me either... let me know and I will give u my contact info(or u can give me yours)... Thanks in advance!

Also am open to crewing for racing as someone suggested in other thread...

(By the way, this is posted in a couple of places in here if this looks a bit reduntant..but saw this thread after I posted in the Learning to Sail :P)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.