SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello from Northren Indiana!

733 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sailortjk1 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Taylor Skidmore. I'm 16 years old, and first started sailing when I was about 11. I've only sailed "dinghies" so far, but I hope to change that as I get older and gain experience. I learned how to sail in a Sunfish, sailed in a few Bays near North Carolina with a friend in a Laser, and now I own my own '74 "Viking" haha. It's a step down, but I bought it with my own money, and it's what I could afford. Besides sailing, I enjoy fishing, computers, and band. I play Horn in F (also known by its pseudonym, the French Horn), and am the Drum Major for our marching band. I hope I can get to know all of you in the coming months, and I hope that I learn a lot :)

#3 ·
Hello from Porter Indiana.
My story is a lot like yours. Started on a Sunfish many years ago. We now sail out of Holland Michigan. Good luck to you in all of your future endeavors.

#4 ·
Hi, I hope that I can go from a Sunfish to a larger vessel, as one of my dreams is to liveaboard for at least a year. And I'm pretty sure Porter is right by Lake Michigan, is it not? I'm in Auburn (North of Ft. Wayne), but I sail out of "Big Turkey Lake."

#5 ·
Yes we live right at the Very Southern Shore of the Lake but our slip is in South West Michigan. More opportunities up that way.
You will learn a ton sailing a Sunfish; the Sunfish always teaches because if you don't listen, more times than not, you will be swimming.:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.