SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello all Colvic Watson Owners (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/75099-hello-all-colvic-watson-owners.html)

Tynesider 06-07-2011 09:34 AM

Hello all Colvic Watson Owners

Hi All

Just joined to see what this good site is like, (I hope better than some.;) )

It may be of interest to owners of Colvic Watson Motor Sailer after spending five years in research I wrote The History of the Colvic Watson Motor Sailer and I am currently the Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group in the UK which is free to join and open to all flags.

I will post the link to the group when I have more than two posts

If I can help or advise anyone on Colvic Watson motor sailers just ask.

tdw 06-07-2011 05:45 PM

Well I certainly hope you find the place of interest. For mine it is always good to see new blood from outside the US. We are gradually assembling a motley crew of Australians, be that for good or bad, and the odd British sailor as well. Of course Canada is well represented and i be thinking that they would be interested in CWs given the popularit if Pilot Houses up that way.

Post the link to your archive asap.

Cheers

tdw - SailNet Moderator.

Tynesider 06-08-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdw (Post 738254)
Post the link to your archive asap.
Cheers
tdw - SailNet Moderator.

Thank you for your kind welcome!

The Colvic Watson Owners Group website can be found on :
cwowners : Colvic Watson Owners

The paper that I wrote on the The History of the Colvic Watson Motor sailer can be found on the site above, click on 'Files' click on 'History'.

Part one is mainly about the History of Colvic Craft & G L Watson, in part 2 I concentrated mainly on each of the boat designs and other information.

pirrewiet 12-21-2012 09:19 AM

Re: Hello all Colvic Watson Owners

hallo
i am a colvic watson owner :D and i am looking for frends
my location is nieuwpoort Belgium
hop for contact
johan

Tynesider 12-21-2012 02:42 PM

Re: Hello all Colvic Watson Owners

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirrewiet (Post 965129)
hallo
i am a colvic watson owner :D and i am looking for frends
my location is nieuwpoort Belgium
hop for contact
johan

Hello Johan

Contact me at mike@colvicwatson.com

Plamen 07-09-2013 09:54 AM

Re: which motorsailer ?

Hi Mike (mike@colvicwatson.com),

I found your post just in the right time for me... hoping this will prevent me to do a mistake which is hard to repair later…
I am looking to move to sailing, my area is the Med in general (Ionian islands for the beginning).
I am 60, active motor-boater & ex-windsurfer. No sailing experience yet, I would start it the “learning-by-doing”-way….
I think I would like to have a motorsailer, hope this is the right decision for me and for the area. My idea is to spend not more than 7-10 days onboard, hopefully several times the year.
I have visited some classic sailing yachts and I do not like the cramped confines with them (unless one go significant over the 40ft mark).
I will leave the boat in the Med, I do not have circumnavigation ambitions.
Mostly, I will be with my wife onboard, but I will have to do the job mainly alone.
I mention this, because I remember your notice in another forum, “… one need at least 2-3 people to sail a Colvic Watson ketch…”

I have narrowed my search to 4 boats offered for sale in my area – all around 1975-1980 : Colvic Victor 34 ketch, Colvic Watson 34 ketch, Nauticat 33 ketch, LM32 sloop. They are all within nearly the same budget, 30K EUR to 30K GBP. I would pick-up one of them at the end of this season.
There is also a Colvic Victor 40 ketch offered @45K GBP but I am not ready to spend that much for just a toy of mine. Maybe I will regret it later…

Which one is the right one for me, is the question?
Am I going the right path at all, with a motorsailer in this area?

Any help & opinion highly appreciated…

:confused:Plamen:confused: