SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Finally a dream has come to trution (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/77521-finally-dream-has-come-trution.html)

vistastang 08-13-2011 11:06 PM

Finally a dream has come to trution

I've had two selfish dreams that I can remember. One was to be a pilot (doesn't look good) and the other to own a sailboat. Well it looks like I'm going to need sailing lessons as I'm meeting a gentleman at the end of the month to purchase a Coronado 25. Never thought it would happen but never say never I guess. I live near the Chesapeake so I'm in a perfect location. Can't wait to get it. I look forward to conversing with you fine folks and if anyone around the Chestertown/Annapolis area want to get together for a cruise let me know.

mikel1 08-13-2011 11:15 PM

Welcome aboard!

vistastang 08-13-2011 11:30 PM

Thank you

vistastang 08-13-2011 11:49 PM

Not meaning to sound brazen but if anyone in the Annapolis area is looking for a mate for the day and perhaps show me some of the basics to sailing please let me know. I know my way around power boats pretty well. Especially parking and maneuvering them as I've worked at some marinas in my earlier days. My Brother in law has a C&C 33 which I've been out on before but unfortunately it's been on blocks now for over ten years (what a shame). That's where I got my sailing bug. I've also sailed around in small Sunfish and the like but that's about the extent of my experience. Anyway if your feeling magnanimous or just looking for some company let me know.

woodywood 08-17-2011 07:33 PM

im in the same boat.lol aint it great.i pick mine up friday.congrats to you.i was gonna buy one 15 years ago but got married instead.lookin back i could kick myself.jk....well...maybe

Minnewaska 08-17-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistastang (Post 761918)
I've had two selfish dreams that I can remember. One was to be a pilot (doesn't look good) and the other to own a sailboat....

Not sure what is selfish, I am/have both. Fortunate, for sure, but I've worked very hard.

I was exposed to intense and serious training when I got serious about both. I highly recommend the approach to get it right the first time. Hunting and pecking for lessons can teach some bad habits.

vistastang 08-17-2011 09:49 PM

Good for you Woody! What are you getting and where are you going to keep it? I'm going to keep mine moored at my sisters initially but I guess that won't do for the winter. Guess I'm going to go around to local marinas here in Pasadena and see what's available and how much.

woodywood 08-31-2011 06:13 PM

got a helms 25.ive been out twice ow.what a blast.i keep it in hernando beach fl