Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011
1977 RK-21

pbpg is on a distinguished road
Hello from Vermont

Hi all, I recently bought a 1977 RK-21 for a winter project and have been finding a lot of good information on this site. I'm looking forward to being more active through the winter. This old boat needs lots of TLC and I'll need a lot of help as I work through some of its problems. Thanks in advance for all your help! phil
Everyone has been very helpful. A 1st look is available here at Sailnet:
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/member...-1st-look.html

Last edited by pbpg; 09-23-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2011
Legend in my own mind.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Sounds good, post pictures of progress along the way... easiest way is to use one post and just keep adding pictures to it.
Old 09-22-2011

Blakleys is on a distinguished road
Can't wait for pics of your progress!! My husband and I are hoping for a boat that needs a little TLC, so we will be keeping an eye on pictures of others who are in the process of working on one!
Tanya
Old 09-22-2011
1977 RK-21

pbpg is on a distinguished road
Hi Tanya, I have some initial pictures in an album under my profile pbpg. The interior pictures are a little scary! <grin>. What's amazing is all the 'little things' that need to be done. It's hard to set a priority for them and keep them organized in my head. Just the nuts and bolts, cleaning and sanding materials etc. are amazing. They nickle and dime me. I think I've put over $700 into the boat since buying it and haven't accomplished much in tangible results. Boat parts are starting to take over my garage! Still, it's fun. Time always seems to be the least commodity, especially here in Vermont since I don't have an interior space to work on things. Winter is coming too!
Old 09-22-2011

Blakleys is on a distinguished road
We were hoping for a boat to work on by winter so we would have something to do...with a BIG heater in the barn!! I'm really not looking forward to a Missouri winter either! I've always lived here, but have never gotten used to the cold, and snow The boat is now waiting until spring since we decided to book a cruise to the USVI in January to escape the winter for a bit. We're calling it a discovery mission...hoping to go on a private sailboat excursion on one of the islands.

I can imagine that it'll run into more money than we plan, but at least you can work on it as you go and get it just as you want. I'd rather do that then buy one and go, and then find out about the costs of repairs!! We're also hoping that if we at least have one to work on, maybe it will help with the anticipation. Getting a boat is all we think about! haha

I just checked out the pics and you do have some work cut out for you, but what fun!! Keep posting your progress...hopefully you'll have a mild winter and be able to work on her!

Last edited by Blakleys; 09-22-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-17-2011

sproption is on a distinguished road
Ensenada 20 parts

Hello,sir.

I wish you the best on your boat project. I am the former owner of both a Balboa 20 and an Ensenada 20. I have since "moved up" to a fixed keel boat for long term, open water Great Lakes cruising. The reason I write is I chopped up my E-20 and saved a lot of component parts and was wondering if you were interested in obtaining any or all of what I have for pennies on the dollar.

I have rudder, pintles, gudgeons, all bronze, winches, cleats, standing rigging, running rigging, sails, dock lines, fenders, a galley sink, and many other little things that you may have a need for in your project. Please drop me a note an let me know.

I would be happy to provide you with a comprehensive list and photos if you are interested.
Old 12-18-2011
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Cool Welcome aboard neighbor!

We are not in Vermont now (And haven't been in quite a while) but we will be visiting again soon I hope. We plan to move back to North Troy in a few years. Meanwhile...

Mele Kalikimaka e' Hauole maka hiki hou!

From SV Lealea, Honolulu
(80f, Sunny, NE Trade Winds 13mph, late night and early morning showers, nice rainbow in the morning )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vega1860; 12-18-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2012

ewakeley is on a distinguished road
Rk21

Hi guy Skip here from NY....i also have a 1978 RK21 that ive redone.....i will post some pics SKip
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Vermont-img_0463.jpg   Hello from Vermont-img_0456.jpg   Hello from Vermont-img_0602.jpg   Hello from Vermont-img_3316.jpg   Hello from Vermont-img_3357.jpg  

Old 05-07-2012

therishel is on a distinguished road
Re: Ensenada 20 parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproption View Post
Hello,sir.

I wish you the best on your boat project. I am the former owner of both a Balboa 20 and an Ensenada 20. I have since "moved up" to a fixed keel boat for long term, open water Great Lakes cruising. The reason I write is I chopped up my E-20 and saved a lot of component parts and was wondering if you were interested in obtaining any or all of what I have for pennies on the dollar.

I have rudder, pintles, gudgeons, all bronze, winches, cleats, standing rigging, running rigging, sails, dock lines, fenders, a galley sink, and many other little things that you may have a need for in your project. Please drop me a note an let me know.

I would be happy to provide you with a comprehensive list and photos if you are interested.
sproption,

I am currently re-fitting a Balboa 20. If you still have the B20 hardware I would be interested in knowing what you have.

Thanks,

Tom Rishel

Tags
balboa 20 , ensenada 20 , restoration , rk-21

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.