SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hi from Long Island

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  WanderingStar 
#1 ·
hi everyone, glad i found this place.

i've been a powerboater for awhile and kayak a lot, but i just bought a 1975 Siren 17 sailboat. my first boat and a dream come true. been out on her a few times but i wish the season was year-round.

#5 ·
Hi all,
We sailed a Catalina 22 out of East Patchogue for over 15 yrs. Made a big jump to a Catalina 34 last summer. We sailed out of Huntingon Harbor last sumer and fall. Had a great time sailing on north shore, but it was too far from home and we missed the visits to the beaches of Fire Island. This summer we bought the boat through the LI Sound, East River and around the South Shore of LI and to the Great South Bay to East Patchogue. Nice to have the boat only 10 minutes away. Looking forward to some enjoyable fall sailing days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.