SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Newb from Ontario

650 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bljones 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been lurking around for a couple months but thought I'd say Hi. New to sailing but instantly in love.

This past May my wife and I and 4 others went down to the BVI and chartered a little boat for a couple weeks. I had never been on a sailboat before but figured cruising around in warm weather can't be all that bad. Turns out it's quite a bit more addicting than I figured.

My father-in-law (who was our skipper down south) has been sailing and boating in general for 40+ years and as such has a 1979 Tanzer 22. It sat in a boat shed for 10 years or so but that wasn't much of a deterant. So the two of us and some voluntold help have revived her and enjoyed a month on the water thus far. Hopefully we'll have a few more weeks before the cold Canadian winter sets in.

The boat is on Little Lake in Port Severn (Last lock before Georgian Bay) So when you see the only sailboat floating around in October say Hi! (If you are in a motor boat please leave me some room, and no it is not ok to come blasting up my starboard side spin around and come back down the port side just for fun)

I've found a bunch of useful informaton on this forum while undertaking the restoration process and look forward to asking and learning much more! Thanks for all the unkown help!

~Evan

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.