Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011

ralarock is on a distinguished road
Southern California sailor looking for rides...

Hi all,

Sailing was a fantasy during my work life. After selling the business, I went after learning the craft in a big way. While I've only been sailing since 2009, I've racked up a fair bit of training and time on the water.

I'm ASA certified in 101, 103, 104, 105, and 106. I've taken the ASA Celestial Navigation course. I've also completed the International Yachtmaster Coastal certification.

I've done quite a bit of cruising and some sail racing around the southern California area including 4 trips to the Channel Islands and the Newport to Ensenada Regatta in 2011. I've sailed from Oahu to Kauai to Los Angeles. I've sailed around the southern coast of Florida from Charlotte Harbor to Marathon and back with stops in Key West and time on the ICW. I'm currently on a crew sailing in the 2011 Baja Ha Ha from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas Mexico starting next month. I've had the helm in winds up to 40 knots with 3 reefs in the main and a staysail flying in 20' seas (a gale during the Hawaii cruise). I've sailed on a variety of boats from including a 27' Soling, 27' to 42' Catalinas, a 47' Tayana cutter and a 51' Skye ketch.

I'm a guy in my mid 50's, happily married, fairly fit, capable, educated, don't mind doing chores, love having a good time and adventures. I don't smoke. I don't mind hoisting a cold one socially, but alcohol is not a priority. I'm PADI certified for open water diving. I can travel. I'm a photographer.

I'm looking for opportunities to crew, especially in new locales or in conditions where I can have a new experience. If you are looking for crew and think we're a fit, please don't hesitate to contact me at ralarock at hotmail dot com.

Last edited by ralarock; 09-30-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
crew , experienced , introduction