Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012
Semper Fidelis

mxracer19 is on a distinguished road
New member in Pensacola

Hey all,

My name's Matt and I'm new to this forum. I'm currently living in Pensacola Fl and I just picked up a new (to me) Buccaneer 200. I'm looking to sail the bay and some nearshore coastal areas between FL and AL and I'll always be looking for someone to head out with.

My first boat was a '63 Crysler Lonestar LS-13. I sailed that on the ICW in Daytona for a season before moving north and keeping her on the lakes near my house. I wanted something new so I picked up my first boat over 15 feet: The Far Niente down here in Pensacola.

Im interested in meeting other Pensacola boaters as well as anyone that can talk me into saltwater fishing in the area. I have a background in construction and carpentry and I do all my own repairs. Im handy with a wrench or fiberglass and I don't mind helping out for you locals needing assistance.

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2012

gruenlich is on a distinguished road
Hi Matt, I also live in Pensacola, and have been looking for a "sailing buddy" to go out with from time to time. I have a Kells 23 sitting in my back yard that is going through a bit of an overhaul, would be interested in meeting and sailing!

-Ian
Old 01-14-2012
Semper Fidelis

Alright! Im in the same boat (no pun intended), although Im fixing up a bucc 200. I'll be working on it all day tomorrow and I should have it up and running by Monday. How far are you into your project?

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-14-2012

I need to replace a couple of shrouds before I put the sails back up, I've been mostly rewiring, adding lights, and repairing the comfort systems. Although I will say that there is a checklist about a mile long in front of me, that I just keep getting ideas and adding to!
Old 01-15-2012

So... how did your weekend work go?
Old 01-15-2012
Semper Fidelis

Haha same here! I have a blank slate as far as the interior goes so that list is fairly long. Above deck I have a few different ideas but the boat is fairly sparse so I have a good base to start from. The weekend work went great! I have off tomorrow so I'm going to try and get out for the maiden voyage. I installed the outboard today, got it running, wired/cabled up the remote, replaced some of the running rigging and changed out the drain from the cockpit sole. I still have to wire up the new battery and after tomorrow Ill add in lighting.

The list is fairly long. Let me know when you're up and running and we can hit the water.

-Matt

Old 01-21-2012

Did you manage to take her out on Monday? I'm going to be running the last of the wiring to the mast step tomorrow, then in a few weeks I'll get those upper shrouds replaced and will be ready to go.

I'd also like to get a look at your rigging setup, to see if I can get any bright ideas from it, I've been wanting to make mine a bit easier to single hand.

-Ian
Old 01-24-2012
Semper Fidelis

Ian,

I tried to get out two weekends ago but after I got it in the water and started the engine I realized the impeller was bad. Instead of taking it out without a working engine I opted to order a few parts. I got the impeller swapped out last week but in the process the linkage to the transmission snapped. I ordered the parts, put the lower end into forward and bolted it back up and took it out without the linkage figuring that if I needed the motor I'd just start it in forward. Everything worked out and the shakedown cruise went well.

Saturday was socked in with fog by I made it out off the South K Street launch. We pushed out under motor into the channel and raised sail. I tested the 150% genoa on the way in and there are some small modifications I need to make as far as lines go, but aside from two single blocks for the jib sheets and a wire lead for the jib to get it off the deck we should be good.

The shift shaft should be in late this week and then I'll be set up pretty good. I'm still shaking her down but I have a good start. Let me know when you get those shrouds set up. If you want I'll post pictures of my rigging when I get down there again but its basically a 3:1 mainsheet with the two halyards led aft from the base of the mast, through a cheek block to independant cleats. I picked up an upright single block to mount to the fordeck just behind the bowlight to rig up a downhaul for the jib. That line will be led around the edge to the port cockpit side. Eventually Ill install another single upright for the spinaker sock downhaul, but first I have to rig up the chute.

I'll keep you posted!

-Matt