Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I tried to get out two weekends ago but after I got it in the water and started the engine I realized the impeller was bad. Instead of taking it out without a working engine I opted to order a few parts. I got the impeller swapped out last week but in the process the linkage to the transmission snapped. I ordered the parts, put the lower end into forward and bolted it back up and took it out without the linkage figuring that if I needed the motor I'd just start it in forward. Everything worked out and the shakedown cruise went well.
Saturday was socked in with fog by I made it out off the South K Street launch. We pushed out under motor into the channel and raised sail. I tested the 150% genoa on the way in and there are some small modifications I need to make as far as lines go, but aside from two single blocks for the jib sheets and a wire lead for the jib to get it off the deck we should be good.
The shift shaft should be in late this week and then I'll be set up pretty good. I'm still shaking her down but I have a good start. Let me know when you get those shrouds set up. If you want I'll post pictures of my rigging when I get down there again but its basically a 3:1 mainsheet with the two halyards led aft from the base of the mast, through a cheek block to independant cleats. I picked up an upright single block to mount to the fordeck just behind the bowlight to rig up a downhaul for the jib. That line will be led around the edge to the port cockpit side. Eventually Ill install another single upright for the spinaker sock downhaul, but first I have to rig up the chute.
I'll keep you posted!
-S/V Far Niente
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.