Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012

Sailor_4_Life is on a distinguished road
Smile Pearson Commander For Dear Ol Dad?

Ahoy mates and seafaring peoples. Many years ago a vast gift was bestowed upon me by my father. It was a precious gift, the gift of sailing. At the time I was young and uninterested but as time passed I began to understand the love and regard my father held for sailing and the world's oceans. Having sailed with him for the better part of 30 years, I now share his appreciation for the world in which we live.

My father though, has aged and become quite unable to maintain a boat and our family has not sailed together since. I am a middle class guy with two boys and spouse whose interest in sailing is well, non-existent.

So, to counteract this misfortune of mine I am searching for a specific vessel to buy and restore (if necessary) to give back to my father the gift he once shared with me and that I will share with my children. I could buy any old vessel but he has always wanted a Pearson Commander (or a Hinckley and well...you get he picture). I am a sailor and I love the Alberg design. I am resolved to find an owner who only wants to sell her to an avid sailor.

If you know of anyone interested in selling (or giving) their Pearon Commander I would be interested in speaking with them. Please respond to this post. Thank you for reading and happy sailing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2012

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Watch craigslist and ebay, you'll find one. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 02-01-2012

DonScribner is on a distinguished road
Sailor Dude,

Being middle class myself I know the drag of the weighty buck and the unction to buy a fixer-upper. If I may humbly offer my two cents . . . .

Don't DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We looked around at boat to buy and I got all hot and bothered over a couple that would have been great to practice my other passion, carpentry, on. But, blessings, and better judgement prevailed and we picked a Lancer 25 that needed a buffing and some cleaning, but was seaworthy and not embarrassing from the first day. That way the reason for the boat is to sail. If you buy a project boat, the reason for the boat is to work on and the goal is to sail. SO . . . do yourself, your wife and your pocketbook a favor and spend an extra $1000 for a boat that's ready. You'll be sailing in spring time, have the kids looking for dolphins and camping on the islands by July, and the Mrs for a romantic overnight in August. Bring Merlot. Plus, if you spend the extra now, you'll save much more in the long run!

Don,

Biddeford, ME
Old 04-27-2012

seaurchin is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson Commander For Dear Ol Dad?

Sailor_4_Life,

In case you've been neither successful in nor dissuaded from your search by now, I wanted to let you know that we have a Commander that we're considering putting on the market. Would be glad to send a description and photos if you're interested. This is a boat that you and your sons could sail this season and then improve for your dad over the winter! Are you by any chance New England-based?

Tags
commander , pearson , pearson commander

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.