Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012

copacetic is on a distinguished road
I found one other exactly like it but they don't have any other info either. What would be a good price? Anyone? Needs paint, floorboard, wiring I'm sure, and sails.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2012
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
Hey Don this is the one of interest. Would really like to know who makes it just so I know the history of it among other things like interior options. Heres a pic I posted on another thread.

Normally, you would have to pay extra to have the sails shredded. It looks like they took really good care of it by trying to back it into a covered slip even though it had a mast.
Old 02-06-2012

DonScribner is on a distinguished road
C,

Before I signed anything, I'd take measurements and try to find a used sail to fit. What ever it's worth, take that off the boat. For reference, I bought my Lancer 25 for $2200. Roller furler, 150% genoa, two kickers and an inflatable. We sailed the first year doing nothing to her. Since then it's been the usual for an well loved boat. A little upholstery, a shroud or two, a fresh coat of paint. That sort of thing.

Don
Old 02-06-2012

copacetic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
Normally, you would have to pay extra to have the sails shredded. It looks like they took really good care of it by trying to back it into a covered slip even though it had a mast.
Yeah I know right. LOL. They did actually remove the back stay so the mast is ok. As for the sails, shredded is an understatement.

So what do you guys think about 200 bucks? Would I be going wrong?
Old 02-07-2012

plumberhamzah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
Hello all. I've been lurking around on and off for some time now gathering info and insight into sailing. I hope to buy a boat and start learning to sail by early summer. I've been looking online and have looked at several boats in person to get an idea of what I want. I'm leaning toward a 22 footer possibly up to 25. She has to be a trailer sailer preferably with a small galley. I've taken the advice of many on this board to include my wife in the decision making and what makes her feel comfortable....especially since I don't want to sail alone. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Traliering your boat adds alot of things to look at, where locally can you launch, do you have the vehicle to tow, can that same vehicle pull it out of the water, liablity on the highway, registation of trailer, ins in some states is high, with fixed kell you need deep launch ramp, and extended boom is needed as part of trailer for launch purposes. And you will find that quick simple off and on is not the case. some boats require a fork lift to steady mast to set same. and then what to do with storing empty tailer....I just found it out with my seafarer 23, put it in a slip, enjoy the time you have on the water. Look at it with all needs and sail the boat, not haul