Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012

crankysailor is on a distinguished road
'Hi' and sailind South from BC

My name is Elena, I am a sailor on a 46 foot yacht which now is in BC. I and my partner are planning to sail South from here - Mexico, pass US, I don't have a US visa, and then Central America and Caribbean.
We came to BC from Europe a few years ago and now need to get back to ourselves again and see what we didn't have a chance to see then.

It may be the wrong part of the site to ask at, but I wondered how do I find people who plan to sail to Mexico or California, or even better to Panama from British Columbia this summer or early fall. We would like to have someone to create a flotilla with and possibly meet new sailor-friends.

If there is a part of the site where I can ask this question and you can tell me about it please do.
Thank you and I am glad to be a part of sailing world and the world itself.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: 'Hi' and sailind South from BC

Try the local chapter of the Blue Water Cruising Association.. they often have similar 'flotillas' casually arranged. Friends of ours did this (to Mexico) a few years back and traveled more or less in company with 2 or 3 others - however they harbour hopped through the US ports and waited for weather windows.

Most who head south from here seem to favour leaving late July into August. A few delay until September but most don't. Leaving 'in the fall' would be late indeed by most cruisers' standards.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
british columbia , caribbean , flotilla , mexico , panama