Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bruce_L

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012

Bruce_L is on a distinguished road
Hi Everyone...Sailstar Corinthian 19 Owner

Getting my 1967 Corinthian 19 ready to launch in the Mississippi sound. Boat survived Katrina on a trailer in my back yard, but all the marinas were wiped out!!! Boat needed lots of TLC so I am doing a full overhaul from keel to mast. I love the hull design and how well it handles rough weather. Boat will be kept at a slip and hauled out only for major hurricanes or a bottom paint job. Had to scratch build a trailer as there as not one in the original purchase deal. I'm sure I'll be asking all kinds of questions here and hope to make a few friends who sail out of Gulfport/Biloxi area. Thanks, Bruce
Dave_E likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2012

Re: Hi Everyone...Sailstar Corinthian 19 Owner

Now in the process of repairing the soggy deck up front, and making it into a useful anchor locker. See the thread in the maintenance section of the sailnet forums.
Old 12-16-2012

Almost done with my renovation. Still look to have a launch date of Jan. 3. Been a ton of work but I can see the finish line!! Have a lot of pix of the entire renovation. Anyone here from the Miss Gulf coast? I'm gonna have some general navigation questions about the Miss Sound, inside of the barrier islands. My experience is limited to Lake Pontchartrain only...
looking forward to sailing in a more open area for sure...
Old 07-16-2013

Decided to go all out and do a full mechanical and cosmetic restoration along with lots of modifications for reserve buoyancy and safety. Seriously underestimated time involvement of such a project, but I am done. Will be launching in about a week or two if the weather cooperates. We have been having daily thunderstorms every afternoon for weeks on end...lots of gulf moisture...probably a good thing as this continual release of energy might keep the "H-word"s away .... Cant wait to see my boat slide off the trailer into the marina at Gulfport.
Old 07-30-2013

So I finally came to a finishing point on the renovation and launched this past Saturday. It was raining and windy and I just wanted to make it to my slip at the marina. Sunday was perfect weather and we sailed about 6 miles with my brother at the tiller the entire day (his 1st time). He sailed and I tended the jib and made the sandwiches. I have a ton of renovation photos I hope to share...hope to make some sailing pals to help me navigate the sound safely and give me any pointers about places see, to avoid , shallows, currents etc...

I spent 13 months working almost every day on the project, and Sunday made it all worthwhile.

I go out with a friend tomorrow and have to return to work on Thursday... Just glad to be on the water again.
Old 09-02-2013

So far I have sailed my boat 5 times since launch date. If it is not raining, I am sailing. Had a big scare 2 weeks ago with a storm that dumped 6 inches of rain in one hour. Thank goodness I have two bilge pumps that are automatic and totally independent of each other. Separate hoses and even separate batteries too. Boat was dry when I checked on it a week after the storm. Had my best sailing day this past saturday and sailed almost 15 miles with perfect winds from the west all day. We really got to experiment with sail trim and now know I need a boom vang to control mainsail shape. I could pull down on the boom with my arms and feel the boat accelerate. Also need to add a few blocks a ways back to control headsail angle too. Since I have launched, I have only used about 32 oz of gasoline all together.
I started with 1 1/2 gallons and still have over a gallon of fuel in the tank. There are power boats that use that much pulling onto the trailer at the ramp.

Already got a friend hooked on sailing, was so easy to do, just let them hold the tiller a while!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful sailing season. Bruce
Old 09-06-2013

fortunebrass is on a distinguished road

Hello Everbody.

I am New Here from brass electrical components Company. We Provide Custom Word wide brass electrical components service as per client requirement. So if you have any question about brass electrical components are welcome.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2013

MarkBarrett is on a distinguished road

Welcome to all the new members here, make all the stay of yours memorable here, and enjoy the stay a lot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2013

Dave_E is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard. Good resources here to help.

Dave
Allmand Sail 31 #15 "Traveler"
GOD, Family, career
Old 09-07-2013

MarkBarrett is on a distinguished road

welcocme bro just enjoy the stay here and make it memorable one for us here

Tags
bristol , corinthian 19 , sailstar