Hello from Chicago! - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-10-2012 Thread Starter
Ain't Life Grand

Send a message via Yahoo to jimmybuffet Send a message via Skype™ to jimmybuffet
Hello from Chicago!

Hello All,
I am a mid-thirties fun guy looking for someone or some people to teach me how to sail or go out for fun rides. I live in Chicago steps from Montrose Harbor and a simple bike ride to all other harbor's. I am able to go sailing during the day anytime and on weekends. My girlfriend would love to go and learn on the weekends as our plan is to get a boat in the future, or we can kick her to the land . Please email me and maybe we can come up with a fun plan.
Happy sailing.
M

If it ain't fun I don't do it!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-14-2012
Sailboat Reboot

Send a message via Skype™ to svzephyr44
Re: Hello from Chicago!

Go to each of the marinas and the Chicago Yacht Club. Post your desire to crew on their public bulletin board. Find out what nights they race (also most likely Saturday.) Walk the dock with a 12 pack of beer and a sign that says willing to crew.

Good luck

CAPT Roger J. Jones USN (ret.)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sailboat Reboot

411 Walnut Street, #9700, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043-3443

Reboot's Agent's Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Web Site:

Blogging:

Twitter @Sailboat_Reboot
post #3 of 5 Old 07-18-2012 Thread Starter
Ain't Life Grand

Send a message via Yahoo to jimmybuffet Send a message via Skype™ to jimmybuffet

Ha! I like that idea, thanks for the input!! Cheers

If it ain't fun I don't do it!
post #4 of 5 Old 07-19-2012

Hey Jimmy,
Chicago guy here as well. Was about to post my hello and intro and say your greetings from Chicago, so figured I'd shoot in and say hi first. So hi, maybe I'll see you at one of the harbors sometime.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-31-2012

Hey there Jimmy and w00dc4ip,

I am also in Chicago and dying to learn to sail, and a 12 pack is a lot more reasonable than Sail Chicago's rates for lessons (which are the cheapest I've seen so far but are totally booked up for the rest of the season). I've already got my copy of the Annapolis Book of Seamanship and would be willing to supply some suds at least once a week to a potential mentor-captain. I'm definitely north of 30, a fast learner, and available weekday afternoons through the early evening and on weekends for at least the rest of the summer. I live off of Grand and Halsted so Monroe and Burnham Harbor are the closest to me but I'm not picky. If you'll have me I'll definitely trek up to Montrose or down to Jackson Park. PM me if you're up to meet.

Last edited by LongTallSailor; 07-31-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.