SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello

767 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  St.Elmo'sFire 
#1 · (Edited)
We are new to sailing and looking for our first s/v. Today we agreed to purchase a Catalina 27 and someone to show us the ropes. This site has good info and that is a big help. We hope to post updates if any are interested.
Thanks

#3 ·
The C27 should serve you well. When we were looking for our first boat, we decided the 27 would best fit our needs until we just happened to stumble on a C30 one day and ended up buying it. Now we have a C34.
Spend time on the C27 owners forum. I can't tell you how much the C34 forum helped me when we were in the buying process and is still a great resource 2 years after buying the boat.

#4 ·
Hello all, thanks for advice. The Catalina fell through(long story). Today we purchased a 1976 Ranger 28. She needs minor work, paint ect., but otherwise is a very good boat. The "kid in a candystore" sensation is pervasive throughout the house. We finally bought a boat woot woot!I laugh it feels that sureal. wow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.