Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012

deadeyeg is on a distinguished road
Hello from Philadelphia.

Really though Claymont, Delaware
New to sailing, largest thing I've skippered to date is a sunfish in a large drainage basin. Though I did have the opportunity to crew on an old wooden ketch in the Chesapeake.
I am looking to make my first boat purchase. I've wanted one ever since I was about 7 and laid my eyes on my great uncle's southern cross. Listening to his stories about sailing to the Caribbean and diving for conchs really put a bug in me. I just came back from Cape Cod and a day trip Nantucket and decided that I just cannot live my life without owning a sailboat.
My car will be paid of in November, and she's running like a top, so I'll have some extra scratch.

I'm here to see what advice has been given in the past, and perhaps to solicit some.

I'm unsure what I want, I mean I know what I want, but it won't be my first boat. It just seems like the type of boat I'm looking for now are many, its hard to weed through them.
For now I want a weekender something safe, nimble, easy to sail, with small cabin and maybe a bit of style. Areas I'll want to sail are Delaware river, Bay and the Chesapeake. I'd like to keep it under $10k

The plan in 5 years if all goes well. is getting a live aboard ocean cruiser and seeing what's out there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook