SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New dad itching to get back to sea

526 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LongTallSailor 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone.
Soon my wife and I will be celebrating our daughters first birthday. Wow it has been an incredible year. Before we decided to add her as crew we were exploring the Bahamas on our Tartan 37. We thought it would be best to go ashore for a few years have our kids and then return to cruising. Sounds like a good course, sounds like the plans of a couple of well meaning parents who wish the best for their kids and each other, sounds logical even.
The only problem is that I'm finding myself more excited about returning to the sea than I am about putting roots down in this community for the next four or five years.
It's a great community here in Ithaca, NY. But my heart is elsewhere.
I wake up sometimes thinking I hear the anchor dragging even though I'm on the second floor of our home in the hills. I smell salt in the air and then it turns out to be compost.
I will do what it takes to make these years good and fruitful for all my family, but I just had to reach out and join this community so I could feel like I still have a foot in the water.
Glad to be on board.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.