SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New member blown away!

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Curly Furler 
#1 ·
Hello!
I caught the bug years ago, took the Red Cross sailing class and played around on lakes for years in my Phantom. Now thinking about cruising and just discovered SailNet. It blows me away how wonderful it is for all these knowledgeable people to share what they know!! I learn something new every time. I'm looking forward to expanding my horizons in many ways.
Thank you moderators and contributors for this great resource and community!
Dee

#11 ·
Mr. Jones suffers from an abundance of hubris and temerity, being an aspiring writer and all! I am sure that 'hubris' is a fairly quotidian word for him and his banter is meant to amuse rather than being a lathering down.

There are plenty of us who learned to sail on boats like your Phantom. I learned to sail a Sunfish early on. Your small boat experience will serve you well with bigger boats.

Welcome to Sailnut!

#20 ·
Welcome to the message board!

I love my Phantom, and still sail it 2 weeks every year on Lake Wallenpaupack. Sunfishes are great too, but Phantom made some very significant improvements to make the cockpit more comfortable and the rigging more durable. Boats like Phantom and Sunfish give you immediate feedback when you make a mistake, and therefore are the best way to learn. You'll find a bigger boat to be an easy transition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.