SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Greetings from Xanten, Germany

775 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Faster 
#1 · (Edited)
Ahoy,

I am Michael from Xanten, Germany. Our small towns history dates back to the romans, what the tourists find rather interesting but is rather common to the locals.

The tidal waters of the north sea are my favorite sailing area as I have a 2-3 hours ride to the german, dutch or belgium coast. But due to female co-sailors I do the warmer Mediterranean Sea at least once a year as well.

Now and then I consider buying a ship myself, but as I like to explore new areas and the crew size varies I still prefer to hire in different places. On the chartered boats I am typically joined by 3-9 other sailors for an extended weekend or a full weeks trip. This year we have sailed to Vlieland, to Helgoland, round Menorca and the english channel in crosswise and lengthwise direction.

I go sailing as often as business and social obligations permit as time and tide wait for no one.

Kind regards
Michael

#2 ·

I love to see the Europeans on here~ my dad lives in the UK, though taught me how to sail amid the shores of Cape Cod before returning to his sacred homeland
where the greatest musicians besides Bach hail from
:cool:
Actually, this week he is sailing off to Portugal
wonderful to have you on board
-JD

#6 ·
Indeed... why, we even welcome Australians :p.. but it seems we're missing a Kiwi....;):)

But seriously, Michael, good to have you here.. enjoy the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.