Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013

jamesorr is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello from biloxi

We took a bluewater, liveaboard sailing class before we bought our boat. Didn't know anything really about sailing before hand. It was a week long course that left out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL and cost about 1500 for the week. It was done on a nice 50 ft mono and we really enjoyed learning how to use all the tricks they taught us. We learned what we liked and didn't like about that boat and that alone was worth the money when we shopped for ours later on. We treated the whole thing like a vacation and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Learned a lot of skills that would take years to learn on your own. Blue Water Sailing School - Sailing Lessons, Sailing Courses, ASA Bareboat Charter Certifications is the place we went to. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2013

Bruce_L is on a distinguished road

Just checkin in on ya man... Did you finally get your boat?

I have been sidelined with my project, but should be ready to sail within 2-3 weeks...the cold temps and rain have put me in slow motion with epoxy and paint projects...

I truly hope you dont read this cuz you are out sailing somewhere!!!

Best of luck , Bruce
Old 04-10-2013

Mccoop27 is on a distinguished road

Hey Bruce,
No not yet, I learned how to sail. North Star Sailing was a great investment when it came to learning how to sail. I'm waiting on the right boat right now. About to move back home, to save money since this divorce has pretty much drained me financially. I spend enough times on some really nice boats. I'm the lead diver for a hull cleaning company based out of Gulfport. So if anyone needs a scrapping or zinc job let me know we are one of the cheapest by far.

Last edited by Mccoop27; 04-10-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2013

Glad to hear you got some training... I will need to learn the ropes of navigating the MS sound for sure...Only been out on the ship island ferry so I am clueless!!! And don't worry, the right boat will present itself when the time comes for you...at least you did not rush out and buy a real loser that would be hard to unload later... good use of personal patience for sure...I have been sidelined on my project by sudden loss of my indoor work area and constant daily rain where I live...almost done...just a few small details... just need a weather break!!! Paying on an empty slip at the marina is not my idea of fun...best of luck to ya man !!! Bruce
Old 05-12-2013

AirMedMech is on a distinguished road
Hello from biloxi

Hello there!
We are just down the coast from you, sailing Pontchartrain. Later on will be sailing Mississippi Sound. Holler if you're over this way. We can grab a beer and talk boats. My wife and I are newbies at sailing, but we have an old Catalina 27 that we're teaching ourselves on.
Best of luck, and fair winds!
Old 08-10-2013

Hey Matt, hope all is well with you. Did you ever find yourself a sailboat? I finally got mine launched at the end of July. Was a nasty rainy day but i am through with mixing and sanding epoxy for a while !!!! Been out 3 times so far, and am basically starting over with my sailing knowledge/skills. I was thrilled enough just getting the mast up and having all the parts and screws I needed that I had removed a long time ago. If you ever want to have an afternoon sail, shoot me a message here. I usually log on here at least twice a week.
Take care bud, Bruce L