SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Prolly time for me to introduce myself... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/96140-prolly-time-me-introduce-myself.html)

jameswilson29 01-27-2013 01:44 PM

Prolly time for me to introduce myself...

After 1,000 posts and one near banning, it is probably time that I take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I like sailing. In fact, I may have a sailing problem. It has been an obsession of mine since my youth, when my father unwittingly introduced his family to the new MacGregor Venture 24 he foolishly bought during a midlife crises. He pulled his eldest son (me) out of his regularly-scheduled third grade classes in order to take him sailing on the Potomac River out of Fort Washington marina. Eager to miss school, I instantly fell in love with sailing and sailboats and have been smitten every since. I even love the smell of fiberglass resin (in the morning). Only in moderation.

For the past 42 years, intermittently, I have sailed, I have raced, I have cruised, I have repaired, and now I have wasted countless hours on a sailing forum.

Don't ignore me or act all elitist and shitzel. I need to be warmly welcomed and reassured that you are all salt of the earth, just like me, or I might quit by firing off one-last-tell-everyone-off and/or crybaby criticism of this forum.:D

chucklesR 01-27-2013 02:55 PM

Re: Prolly time for me to introduce myself...

I'm ignoring this thread.

brokesailor 01-27-2013 03:01 PM

Prolly time for me to introduce myself...

I'm just like you James. One thing I don't understand though is if you are a blood sucking lawyer how come you are not sailing a Oyster? :)

kd3pc 01-27-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesailor (Post 981869)
I'm just like you James. One thing I don't understand though is if you are a blood sucking lawyer how come you are not sailing a Oyster? :)

He is like a LOT of us, still working his way up to that vaulted 1% layer...hahahaha!! And we won't hold the lawyer thing against you, for sure.

Welcome aboard, old timer.

And the family too, it is your job to snag your third grader (you got a year or two to prepare) out for a grand time on the boat.

Fair winds, James and crew.

bljones 01-27-2013 04:11 PM

lest I be accused of being elitist...
welcome, shyster.

smackdaddy 01-27-2013 04:23 PM

Pissoff newbie. And show us your admiral's dorades.

Oh wait...wrong forum. Here, how about this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameswilson29 (Post 848966)
"A warm welcome to sailnet, newby, how can we go out of our way to accommodate your self-serving idiocy?"

Heh-heh.

Minnewaska 01-27-2013 06:10 PM

Welcome 1000 post newb. Warning, this forum contains nuts or has been contaminated by posts containing nuts.

Maine Sail 01-27-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameswilson29 (Post 981839)

Don't ignore me or act all elitist and shitzel. I need to be warmly welcomed and reassured that you are all salt of the earth, just like me, or I might quit by firing off one-last-tell-everyone-off and/or crybaby criticism of this forum.:D

Ok, PROLLY is NOT a freaking word. It makes one sound dumber than a pound of dung when using it... The word is PROBABLY......

I aint gunna reed postses like this no more.... ;)

Oh yeah welcome...

How's that for a typical SN welcome...:D:D:D:D:D

jsaronson 01-27-2013 07:43 PM

Jim, despite your wacko political views (which I now just ignore) i hope you stick around! You have a wealth of sailing knowledge and own my second favorite boat (my former boat for the rest of you)!

jrd22 01-28-2013 12:00 AM

Maybe it should be a requirement to reach 1000 posts before you introduce yourself, we wouldn't have to waste our valuable time on the maybes, only the keepers.
Welcome James.